• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road Trip to SoCal!

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
I have a lawyers/doctor appointment in the morning. Directly after that, Sheila and I are headed out on a road trip.

First stop, and overnight at my friend J's place in Arizona.

Next morning, depart for Las Vegas to pick up my cousin. Then head for the Mojave Desert. Attend a Celebration of Life for my Grandmother on Saturday at the VFW. Sunday hang around with family.

Monday, head to Bakersfield to have lunch with Richard. Then head to Santa Monica as a surprise/treat for my wife. She misses the ocean.

Tuesday, we head home. Probably one leg, as she has to work Wed afternoon.
Looking forward to it.

Welcome back to your old stomping grounds!

Sorry, I'd love to, but I can't meet you this time at In-N-Out. Have one for me while you're there, please.

David Bricker / SYR

Enjoy the trip. Funny, I just did a road trip to Albequerque last weekend, played in the snow at Sandia Peak.

Fantastic road trip. Was great to see so much of the family at my grandmothers memorial in Apple Valley. Enjoyed it very much. During this trip we visited friends in Arizona (two different parts, one coming, one going), the American Legion in Peeples Valley, Las Vegas to pick up my cousin, the Hesperia VFW, Bakersfield to have lunch with a friend, Ventura for a hotel on the ocean, then down Highway 1 to the Santa Monica Pier, then back towards home.
The Honda did great on gas, but had lots of power for passing when needed.

California drivers suck! Smokes are quite cheap there though. Gas was a bit high, but not like all the horror stories you hear.
Glad to be home, and our dogs seems to have missed us.

NYC is easy, you just have to go in knowing they are crazy drivers. California is a bunch of pretentious idiots swerving in and out wherever their car might fit.

NYC is easy, you just have to go in knowing they are crazy drivers. California is a bunch of pretentious idiots swerving in and out wherever their car might fit.

That's the West side. I don't like driving on the west side.

In NYC I just drove the rental car like I was on my motorcycle. Everybody is out to kill me so I gotta drive super agressively.

Back