• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rims, MJ Cap, Tilt grey steering column FS

over2land

NAXJA Member #1171
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
The aluminum rims came off a 98 XJ and are 15 inches in diameter. They are stock Jeep wheels, I figure they would be good for someone who wanted to put a full size spare in the Jeep. Two are in decent shape, a little dirt, no rock rash that I noticed. They are in Riverside, but I can parts train them to W. LA, almost Beverly Hills. I'd like to get 40 each OBO.

287795585.jpg

In some of the pictures, they've got a weird orange tint, that's because I took them near sunset.

There is one that has some road rash, but still holds air just fine and from rolling it, seems to be straight, make an offer on it.

So 3 total aluminum rims.

287795551.jpg

The cap, camper shell, whatever you want to call it is for a short bed comance, and ti was a dealer installed item back in 88. It is a Brahma cap. The window adjacent to the cab is gone, the gas struts don't hold the window up anymore, there is a light in it (no idea if it works or not) and its got a skylight. I bought it unseen, and once I got it, and looked at it for a while, I've decided I don't want it. It is in good shape, and I do have the key for the window. It is located in Fullerton. Right now, I can't deliver it. In a month or two it might be possible, otherwise pickup is available M-F. I'm asking 200 OBO.

287795577.jpg

287795574.jpg

287795571.jpg

I've also got a tilt column out of my manual transmission '88 MJ. I have the keys, the steering wheel and whatnot. No pics right now, hope to get some tomorrow. I also have the collar that is needed if you want to put it in a YJ or CJ. The tilt was loose, but I pulled the column apart, removed the bolts, applied red-tint locktite, and put the column back together again. Worked great when removed. Asking 150 obo.

And another thing on the list of things with no pictures... I've got a set of Alcan MJ lift springs for a long bed MJ. They were just a bit too stiff on my short bed truck with nothing in the bed. They provide about 6 inches of lift and are for a spring over setup. Come with bushings. They have under 5000 miles on them. I'll try to get pictures tomorrow of these as well. Also in Riverside, CA. Asking 200 OBO.

All items are OBO, if you want to see more pictures, look here:http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=9384595&uid=472481

I am open to trades. Off the top of my head, I'm looking for RE 5.5 inch lift springs for the rear of an XJ, adjustable shocks for 5.5 inches of lift on an XJ, steering box brace, track bar brace, long arm conversion kit, drop brackets, get out of jail free card, who knows what else. Hit me up via PM if you want to trade something.

How much would those leaves lift an XJ? Also, is the aux fan shown in the picture for sale? I can trade some labor or custom made parts or I have a set of Eagle alloy 15X8 wheels with the six hole design, 5on 4.5" Not sure about backspacing but close to stock. They are in fair shape with some rock rash but are straight and still presentable looking. Let's make a deal!
PS- center caps included

LOL, I knew someone was going to ask about that fan. Sorry, not for sale. It's going into my MJ. And, the old one from the MJ was lost in the fire.

AFAIK, the center to center on the leaf spring bushings is like 4 inches greater than the XJs. Unless you moved something, I don't know that they would work for you. I would imagine you'd end up with between 5 and 6 inches on the XJ too... but then there is the spring over to figure in... it'd be a lot.

They are like 9-leaf packs, if that matters to anyone.

And, oh, it just occured to me, I'd be interested in bumpers for a 97 and up too... speaking of custom made parts. Sorry though John, I'm not interested in the rims. Thanks though.

O.K. thanks dude! I am driving myself crazy trying to figure out how I am going to install those shocks I bought from ZJmikey now that I spent all of my Jeep budget. I gotta lift it about 3" and make raised upper shock mounting points front and rear to put those shocks on. I have the front springs but I need to lift the rear and put on my adjustable track bar to make it work. :banghead:

No problem. I'm kinda in the same boat, got front coils, no rear springs.

On EDIT: I'm also looking for a set of stock sized mud terrain tires for it. A decent, non cracked or dry rotted set with plenty of tread. I'm not planning on a lift until after new years and all that, which probably means more like March or June or something by the time I get to it.

Last edited:
over2land said:
No problem. I'm kinda in the same boat, got front coils, no rear springs.

On EDIT: I'm also looking for a set of stock sized mud terrain tires for it. A decent, non cracked or dry rotted set with plenty of tread. I'm not planning on a lift until after new years and all that, which probably means more like March or June or something by the time I get to it.
Hit me up when you're ready, I'll help you install a lift for beer and pizza!

Here's the shots of the column and springs. Please note, that while I say they springs came with bushings in the first post, obviously they aren't there. I have no idea why I pulled them out. So, as of now they don't come with the bushings, sorry. And, I guess I'm outside of my post-editing window.

287954485.jpg

287954495.jpg

287954453.jpg

287954491.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Also got a rear overhead soundbar with wiring and body side plug out of a 97. Grey in color.

Also have a rear passenger side trim panel (from the cargo area- the one with the "pocket" in it). Good shape, grey, also from the 97.

Make an offer! Need them out of my office.

Thanks

I'm surprised there isn't more desire for the tilt column. A few years ago, in the short Jeep world, there was tons of interest. Did many more XJ/MJs come with tilt columns than the CJ/YJs?

over2land said:
I'm surprised there isn't more desire for the tilt column. A few years ago, in the short Jeep world, there was tons of interest. Did many more XJ/MJs come with tilt columns than the CJ/YJs?

Yes a ton more xj/mj's got tilt than the yj/cj... by the way do you know where I can find a good column for a 85 CJ-7 tilt with auto trans?? besides scotty's or tri county...

Try JW auto wreckers up by Sacramento?

I guess you need an indicator and shifter on the column?

YJ would work too, just swap the upper half of the steering shaft (use the YJ shaft at the column, and CJ shaft at the box)

Back