• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Right Hand Drive Cherokee

All y'all proponents of the FSM better look in there again, as this is described in there if RHD was available that year. This is also a nice reason to have the FSM on CD...

Right-Hand Drive:
rhd_steering.jpg

Left-Hand Drive (like the US does):
lhd_steering.jpg

casm said:
I won't argue the mechanical layout, but where you're claiming they were sold isn't entirely right. We first got RHD Cherokees in Ireland in 1993 or 1994, about a year after the UK. Having said that, there are a couple I see running around Socal with NFS paintjobs and plates, all pre-1997. Haven't seen any post office XJs around here, but the terrain on the flatlands largely doesn't require them.
Hmmm, but being in a RHD country wouldn't your post office jeeps be LHD :D

Rural route carriers throughout the country drive the CJ's and Cherokees with right hand drive - they were ordered from any dealership - I've seen a couple of later (97+ - ) models here in RI. I've also seen a website for an outfit which converted standard Cherokees to RHD and the guy wanted $9K to do the Job??

there's a RHD cherokee (91+ model) with a 4.0 HO motor in a junkyard near me. they pulled the t-case already, but everything else looked ok if anyone needs anything.

R D Auto Parts - 2601 Yankee Rd, Middletown, OH 45044 - (513) 424-3536

The Plymouth CT post office has a RHD 97+ XJ they use for delivery.

Weve got at least a hundred of them at work,theyre all 2wd though!

Back