• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing the fuel injector wire loom

Talyn

NAXJA Forum User
Last weekend I fabricated a replacement for the stock plastic fuel injector wire wire loom. This is the plastic piece that keeps all the injector wiring neat and secured to the stock head bolts. I did this for two reasons. 1) It won't work with ARP head bolts and 2) mine was already cracked.

I started with a 1/16" thick C-channel piece of aluminum but decided that wasn't sturdy enough for what I wanted. I then milled off one side of a 1" piece of aluminum tube to make another C- channel piece. The 1/16" C will hold the wire and nest inside of the 1" piece. The 1" piece was then secured to the intake manifold using one of the throttle bracket mounts, a second empty factory mount and then to the manifold itself at the back. I was originally going to use 1/8" x 3/4" aluminum stock to make the brackets to the manifold but decided it was too weak and would eventually fatigue and break. All the pieces were sanded so there are no rough edges for the wires to chafe on with appropriate openings for the wires to pass through on both pieces.

The logic behind this was that I could remove the manifold and 1" channel while still having the wires organized in the 1/16" thick channel.

1/16" channel holding wires:
DSC_1627.JPG

DSC_1632.JPG

1" channel:
DSC_1643.JPG

Rear mount through manifold 'webbing':
DSC_1644.JPG

1/16" channel inside 1":
DSC_1673.JPG

Finished pics:
DSC_1662.JPG

DSC_1668.JPG