• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing Power Steering Pump

I had CarMax put a reman pump on my '98 when the steering box went bad last summer, the damned pump started to fail on the way home from the dealer after they put it in! They claim the put a Mopar reman in it and that has held up for the past year sofar atleast.

bjoehandley said:
I had CarMax put a reman pump on my '98 when the steering box went bad last summer, the damned pump started to fail on the way home from the dealer after they put it in! They claim the put a Mopar reman in it and that has held up for the past year sofar atleast.

I doubt dirty fluid would cause the box to go bad that quick either.

I thought about using the Mopar reman on my XJ but hadn't heard much about them. Glad to hear its holding up for you.

The box was bad in the first place, that's why I took it in to get fixed and told them what the problem was that needed to be fixed, not the pump that they replaced. They just replaced the pump instead of investigating it further to see if the box would lock up. We even flushed the system in a manner simular to the one posted above and it still would lock up.

Back