• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Problems & cylinder not powering

At this point I would re do the noid light test and wiggle the light to see if the connection is loose, and swap a pair of injectors. Sometimes these things change while you are running tests, intermittent. Could be a problem with the end connector not making good contact all the time. Or it could be a defective brand new injector that happened to end up in the same cylinder (highly improbable, 1 in 6 chance) but once we eliminate the possible we must evaluate and assume the impossible is possible and happening!:D).

Also try wiggle the injector wires, wiring harness to see if the problem comes and goes, like an intermittent ground in the harness, or ...
Did you not read the part where i put ANOTHER set of injectors in already and the issue didn't change? and Ive wiggled the wires and it doesn't change a thing.

I did the noid light first and its really odd because it will blink just like all the rest BUT the injector never fires at idle almost like it doesnt have enough voltage to operate the injector but enough to power the light. So thats why I thought i had a bad injector but that wasnt the case either and i havent done the ground yet, Ive been riding the bike to work lately and just havent had time to mess with it. I just keep checking back here in hopes of that magical post that tells me exactly what to do other than keep chasin my tail

What are you going to try to ground? Hopefully the ECM and not the injector. The injector grounds through the ECM.

Did you not read the part where i put ANOTHER set of injectors in already and the issue didn't change? and Ive wiggled the wires and it doesn't change a thing.

Did you not read the part where hinted that the brand new injector could be bad?

I does take more current to open an injector that to flash the noid light, so assuming the new injector in the problem cylinder is good (?), sounds like a poor ground wire to the injector, or losses (poor connection in the hot wire from the ECU to the injector) in the power feed to the injector.

If the ground wire replacement does not work, trying running a new hot wire from the ECU/PCM to the injector, or start opening up the harness to find the problem or check any bulkhead connections (if there is one) between the computer and the injector.

Definatly sounds like a wiring problem between the computer and injector.

What are you going to try to ground? Hopefully the ECM and not the injector. The injector grounds through the ECM.

Are you saying the ECU fires the injector by ground it, that it is always hot?

What is the ECM firing voltage on the 96 to the injectors?

Correct. According to my 2000 FSM, injector is always hot (when activated by ASD) and is grounded by the ECU/ECM. Current is direct from the Power Distribution Center so it has to be 12V.

old man: Thanks. I pulled apart the C101 connector previously looking for corrosion, etc. All the contacts looked factory new. Ive installed a set of Ford FI so I dont know if he resisitance is what you mentioned. Can you reference the bulletin that came out to remove the C101?

Thanks

Heres the latest. I received the used ECU p/n 8953005429 while I was on vacation. Just got home tonight and plugged it in. The XJ started right up and seems that the "miss" to the #2 cylinder is gone. Fixed? I'll find out tommorrow when I give the XJ a spin.

I'll post more.

I was hoping my computer was bad too so my neighbor was kind enough to let me borrow hers....and it didnt change a thing. Hopefully that fixes your issue.
I even used a DRB on mine and reflashed it

Back