• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Key cylinder latch retainer part number

Hondo782

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I bought my XJ with the driver side door lock missing so I ordered a set of two lock cylinders but then realized I needed the clip to hold in the cylinder so I ordered one then realized I needed the arm that attaches to the lock mechanisem so I ordered one of them . But I need the clip or part that holds the lever arm to the cylinder . What is the name of the part a part number. Its hard searching for a part when I am not sure what its called .

Use your favorite search engine and xj cherokee factory parts catalog as your search terms.

Near the top of the search results look for xjjeeps.com. The parts catalog has diagrams of each assembly or system and the correct name and Jeep Part Number for each part.

You will most likely end up at the junkyard since most XJ parts are discontinued and out of stock.

Many of those clips that hold things together inside doors are common to a wide range of vehicles. You may be looking for a somewhat universal body hardware part. As such, you may be able to find it at a Napa Auto Parts (They have a great "catalog" of body fasteners, each page having physical examples of the part on the page) or an auto body shop may be able to point you in the right direction.

Back