• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door Lock Cylinder Rod Linkage Missing

99SGCS

NAXJA Forum User
Hello,

Just got a 99 XJ 4 door and the drivers door lock cylinder was missing. I picked up an OEM replacement and when I went to install it I found that the cylinder linkage rod is missing. I checked along the bottom of the door and found the old C-clip but no linkage rod. I'm not very good with Google, but did try a search and have not found a replacement linkage rod. Any ideas where I can find a replacement?

I still need to replace the passenger side door lock cylinder (it's seized up) so bending a piece of steel rod to shape is an option, but not my preferred course of action.

Thanks.

Here's the part numbers, but you're not going to find a new one. Best bet is junkyard, someone local parting out an XJ, or bend up a new one using the right side as a mirror template.

LINK, Key Cylinder to Latch. 1997 - 2001
Left 55076047
Right 55076046

Thanks, lawsoncl, that's what I was afraid of. Down side of owning an almost-classic vehicle I guess. Lets hope my fab skills are better than my Google skills.

Back