• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Head Swap onto a 2000 XJ?

thanasi85

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm considering Swapping a recently rebuilt Renix era #2686 head onto a 2000 XJ I just bough that has a cracked #0331 head. Only considering this because I have the head available out of a rig that I'm now parting and it would be nice to save the coast of a $500 new ClearWater head if I can. My questions are:

* will I need a adapter plate to get the 2000 intake/ exhaust manifold to fit?
* are the Renix head ports smaller than that on the 0331 head so maybe the 2000 intake/exhaust gasket would fit over without any gaps?
* if its possible then would I use a head gasket for the Renix head I'm using or get a gasket meant for a 2000 block?

I know I would need to fab up coil rail brackets if this head swap is doable.

Buy the right head. You can get them for $200 on ebay already rebuilt.

The ports on the renix head won't line up with the ports on your late model manifold, it will be a mess.

I've been looking and cant find any for cheap on ebay. Cheapest I'm finding is a used Tupy head that has just been checked for flatness on Ebay for $250 + $80 shipping

P & C Auto Wreckers USA-CA(Tracy) Request_Quote 209-833-0418

They list a TUPY head for $170. Is from a 2002 wrangler.

Here are a few local to you

tupy_zpsyqefge6y.jpg

Back