• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix head and block / ax15 in 2000 xj

Savage4door

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys so long story short is I had a slipping transmission and a 4.0 and a 2000 Cherokee the transmission was slipping so I ended up taking it out and put in the X 15 minute everything’s OK what time we skipped and blow up cylinder one and my 1990% besides my garage with a bunch of bodywork and get done so I just Decided to do the first walk into the 2000 anybody have any idea how to wire the two wire CPS sensor that comes from the old versions and wire it to the new version and stuff like that if somebody messag

You need late model flywheel to work with existing sensor.

Your post is a little confusing as to what your doing? But if your to use a 90's motor and trans in a 2000 than you've got lots of issues to deal with.

A bit confused too as to what is going on. From what I can decipher, you have a 2000 XJ, that was an auto trans. You have swapped in an AX-15 and ran it? Now you are putting in a 90 4.0L. ???
And the question is, can you or how to adapt the CPS (Crank Position Senor, CkPS for 2000). If that correct? Or are you also swapping in the RENIX motor at this time too?

Back