• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix fuel pressure not holding

so i took the pump out and inspected it. hose from pump to tube was good but i did tighten it just a hair more. pick up screen was clean and in good condition. all wire connections seemed good but i took them off, crimped them a little tighter and re attached them. unscrewed the small ground wire and cleaned its surface, then re tightened it. even took 39psi air and applied it to the feed line end and it seemed to hold it. so i re installed everything and tested it. it now holds pressure after shut down. still have 29 psi while running, but i think that is acceptable. not sure what i did to make it hold pressure though.
now i am going to have to start another thread about the low idle as this did nothing to help that. i did re test the CPS and found i was only getting .37 volts AC. so i took a pry bar and rested it on the metal tab and tapped it with a small hammer to see if it will bend it slightly toward the flex plate. it must have worked as i now am getting 1.51 volts AC. i know that is way over spec, but the CPS is not interfering with the flex plate and it starts real nice. idles good for a good 10 seconds, then starts going lower and lower to about as low as it will go before it dies. (maybe 200rpm) then just stays there. it seems like the ECU is adjusting the timing to lower the idle for some reason. anyhow, i will get into all this mess in another thread. atleast i have fixed the "loss of fuel pressure" deal.
thanks guys.

29 is a little low. Don't ignore it just yet. See what happens to your idle if you pull the vacuum line from the fuel pressure regulator when it's in the low idle mode.

Both my 89 and 87 run just fine at 29 psi, have been that way for many years.

pulling the vacuum line increases the idle, fuel pressure jumps to 38psi. if i leave the vacuum line off the regulator but plug it up, the idle goes back down but fuel pressure stays up. another words the fuel pressure doesnt seem to be the culprit of the low idle, and the pump seems to be able to apply enough fuel pressure, just the regulator seems to keep it at 29psi. i may try the extra regulator i have to see if the pressure will be closer to 31psi. but i am pretty comfortable with the 29psi for now. i REALLY want to find out why i have the low idle. i am almost positive it is something electrical, and ECU effected.

Back