• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Pit 11/26 Wheeling?

Yes I made it home, Eventually:)

There was at least 6" of snow on the ground when I got home. Towing a 20' 7k trailer in that much snow without trailer brakes is not a good idea. I made it home with NO issues but was driving slow (If my wifes Sub wasn't 4x4 I don't think there is any way I would have made it home).

I started the day on my own (because all of you who bailed!!!!!!!). I called my brother and told him where I was going and where we could meet up when he got there.

I ran up Isabelle on my own. The snow did make some of the more technical rock areas a little more difficult but not too difficult. I got to the bridge and the snow was heavy and decided to turn back (very little traction on all of the larger rocks). On my way back down I made the mistake of trying one of the new trails near the bottom (VERY Sweet trail, but not to be on your own). After making it almost all the way through (very narrow tree's, lots of mud) I had to turn back and go back through all of the narrow spots again. It was a VERY cool trail, but a little too stressful all on my own!!

I met up with my brother, we ran several lines on the rockgarden.

Then went up to Sack-Up. Marc made it through the notch, but rearanged his pas side rear lights and bumper end cap on the way (as well as major air time for 1 driver side tire). I could not get the traction with just the rear tires to get through the rock so I winched a few inches and then drove through the rest with no issues.
The rest of Sack-Up was great. It has been way too long since I have been on it!!!! Wet, sloppy, muddy, very nice. Ran into a issue when Marc almost pitched his jeep over the pas side front corner (It was WAY too close to going over). Ran back down Sack-Up and headed out the main road to go see the Wall trail.

On the way out to the Wall, someone asked for some help rescueing a full size Ram. When we got up to the top of the trail there was several inches of snow and the Ram was pulling a Jason on the edge of the trail. I winched him back on no problem and headed back down and had to rescue a 2wd S10 who must have come off the road 4 times on the way back down to the main road.

After a VERY long drive home, I get back to NO power at home with my kids sitting in front of the fire watching a portable DVD player before "camping" in my office in front of the fire for the night.

I have not had that much fun for a long time!! A little bit of everything, covered a lot of trail and got to spend lots of time with my brother. Will have photos later, but am out of town all this week so they won't be up for a while.

Still no power at the house, and don't expect it for at least another day or more.

Michael

Here are the photos to go along with the story 2 posts back.

The rock ledge covered in snow.
DSCN9095.jpg

DSCN9097.jpg

The bridge, covered in snow.
DSCN9101.jpg

Looking up the rocky trail after the bridge, I decided to turn back since I was on my own and the snow made traction on the large rocks VERY difficult.
DSCN9099.jpg

I met up with my brother and he tried several lines of the rock garden with no issues.
DSCN9104.jpg

Begining of Sack-Up.
DSCN9105.jpg

DSCN9108.jpg

DSCN9110.jpg

DSCN9114.jpg

Top of the shute.
DSCN9116.jpg

Going down the shute.
DSCN9117.jpg

Part way up Sac-Up.
DSCN9118.jpg

Marc's accidental incident with the mud pit.
DSCN9122.jpg

DSCN9123.jpg

Had a great time. Looking forward to some snow run's now!!
Michael

That SWEET trail you are talking about is Trail of Doom. It's a buggy trail and designed to be run the reverse direction you ran it.

Excellent pics though. I'm up for anything now that my cage is done. Sorry I couldn't make that last trip sure looked like a good one.

KarlVP said:
That SWEET trail you are talking about is Trail of Doom. It's a buggy trail and designed to be run the reverse direction you ran it.

Excellent pics though. I'm up for anything now that my cage is done. Sorry I couldn't make that last trip sure looked like a good one.

Thanks Karl,
That makes sense. I figured I was going in the wrong direction after I turned around and got back out. I was significantly easier on the way out, than on the way in.

I would like to spend more time on it next time, it was a little stressful on my own:rattle:

We couldn't find the goal post on Sac-Up? Can you explain where it is to me in relation to other parts of the trail? That is the one thing I was hoping to do while we were there and didn't get to do.

Michael

2xtreme said:
Thanks Karl,
That makes sense. I figured I was going in the wrong direction after I turned around and got back out. I was significantly easier on the way out, than on the way in.

I would like to spend more time on it next time, it was a little stressful on my own:rattle:

We couldn't find the goal post on Sac-Up? Can you explain where it is to me in relation to other parts of the trail? That is the one thing I was hoping to do while we were there and didn't get to do.

Michael

The goal post is right when you enter the "tight" portion of the trail off to the right. It is a tight squeeze to get back there you if you aren't looking, you miss it.

Back