• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Redbird SRA, April 2

xj8_8

NAXJA Member #1317
Redbird SRA in Dugger Indiana,is having there 2005 opening day on April 2. Is any one from NAXJA planning to go, I've been there 4 or 5 times and haven"t seen another XJ there yet. I hope some of you can make it.

tell us about the trails. easy trails, hard trails. rocks, how big is the park. what is the costs.....

....BOB

I was there 3 years ago, but that was before they made all the official boundaries and what not, but had some good hill climbs and of course mud. Don't remember rock, but doesn't mean there isn't any. I'd go sometime with someone who knows the trails and what is good for everyone's rig abilities or lack thereof.

Reactions: BOB
The trails are mostly moderate execpt trail 4 which is difficult, their is also some easy trails, as IndyXJ said a lot of steep hills and some mud, no rock. Most trails are aimed at 4x4 not quads & bikes The cost is 10.00 per vehicle per day, no per person fee. Last year the park was about 250 acres but the state owns 600 acres so it may be larger this year. Check out www.redbirdsra.com.

IndyXj, We go a lot I have an 89 xj, full width hp 44 & 9 in. atlas 3.8 with 36 irocs. We have taken every thing from almost stock to extreme with us with no problems.

I remember a few years ago reading that some bastard burnt down one of the newly built restrooms or some other building. Did they catch em?

I am on the final stages of my buildup. l need to regear and get a locker. 35"s and 3.55...sigh. But not a daily so I'll get to it when the $$ gods smile again. Actually it's more of finding a quality place/person to install them then the cost. I wheeled it hard in Rockport and it did well last year.
Yes, we'll have to hook up this Spring/Summer for some XJ representation there! :sunshine:

I dont know if they caught the arsons or not, they had built a shelter house last year. Maybe new restrooms this year. When you get ready to regear let me know, 20yr+ doing that kind of work.

Never been there would love to go just gettin into the whole Jeep thing and lovin it.I have my lift ,tow points and tires but no skids or rocker protection yet think i would be all right? Dying to go out havent wheeled it much yet.

bowhunter said:
Never been there would love to go just gettin into the whole Jeep thing and lovin it.I have my lift ,tow points and tires but no skids or rocker protection yet think i would be all right? Dying to go out havent wheeled it much yet.

I dont want to say you dont need the protection, but at Redbird there are no rocks to speak of, I have never done any damage underneath over there.

bowhunter said:
EDIT_--the link below apparently is for 99+ XJ's.
It's not much, but it's cheap and a start for your transfer case skid-
http://www.jparts.com/shop/description.php?II=470&UID=2005032620120667.195.152.12

It's the stock Mopar for $30. I have one too. I have a long arm kit which used up conventional mounting points of the more advanced skid systems out there, so I went with this for now and had to drill another hole in it. You probably won't have to.

Back