• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Bird Trail Cleanup

looks like I can make it at the moment. Subject to change w/ harvest stuff, but should be able to make it.

I am definitely in for November 5th!

As an ongoing service to new Redbird attendees, here is the location where we usually camp:

Wampler Campsite - Google Maps

Zoom out and get your bearings and figure it from there, or right-click anywhere near the camping area in the above link and get "directions to here".

Or for the graphically challenged: From 54, take county road 1500W to the south. The road will fork, take the left fork and you'll go through a section with lake on both sides. We'll try to be to the smaller campground to the left, otherwise we'll be in the larger area on the right, hopefully up near the top. If you're not coming from the north then you're on your own. :)

Is there electricity?

And are there bathrooms with running water (grace will want to know)?

mac 'you'll love the neighbor hater if no electricity' gyvr

Looks like I can make this as well. Damn I am itching to wheel...may have to before then.

I believe all sites are primitive, and there is no running water (that I know of) other than a possible fountain/spigot.

P 'bus is in top running form' Main

Last edited:
I got hands and equipment if needed(but I need my rig to stay clean until I get a DD in a few years), so if someone has an empty seat, I would be more then willing to help out (and maybe do some light wheeling to get the lay of the land afterwards).

I'm going to have to sell this to the wife. She can't take time off work in Nov or Dec (retail world)... For some reason she doesn't like it when I go off on these trips solo...

mac 'you always leave me home alone' gyvr

you can run the neighbor hater as long as I can run a cord over to my camper :D Last year I supplied breakfast each morning off my mini 3 burner stove....it was delicious! (yes, it was cheesey eggs and 5#'s of bacon!)

5500 watt should run a few things...

mac 'bring your cord' gyvr

let me see what's going on. Life has not been kind to me lately. At the very least I will need a seat to ride in, cause the Jeep is in pieces at the moment. and a place to sleep, don't feel like dealing with the tent and I'm surely not driving the weinerbox empty.

87 'at least I've started working on it' manche

Nate, you can sleep on the extra bed in my camper...it is the table that makes into a bed for small people, so you will fit just fine :D

Cheese "whats your stance on full male frontal nudity?" Man

Well guys, just talked to my Dad, He's gonna come out with me for this one. He can keep up with you guys on the beer afterwards.

I'm going to have to sell this to the wife. She can't take time off work in Nov or Dec (retail world)... For some reason she doesn't like it when I go off on these trips solo...

mac 'you always leave me home alone' gyvr

You will note, I have never been to Redbird, for this reason. No flush, no Susie....

I do understand the solo weekend, not great, but I always have to work Saturdays anyway.

Last edited:
I should be able to make this one....Nov 5th should be plenty of time to get the rigg ready.

Nick

Checking scheduled.
Do you run the neighbor hater all night?

sean"not afraid to cut fuel lines at 1am"R

if its cold i will run it all night.

anyone is welcome to plug a cord into it until we pop a breaker...

i really think i can sell this solo trip to the wife...just need to get the popcan fixed

mac 'you should be drinking past 1am' gyvr

if its cold i will run it all night.

anyone is welcome to plug a cord into it until we pop a breaker...

i really think i can sell this solo trip to the wife...just need to get the popcan fixed

mac 'you should be drinking past 1am' gyvr

I've got an extension cord and a space heater.......:D

Chances are it will not get below 20 at night.

It is a great chance to help out your chapter and wheel Redbird....maybe this time we can get a few groups out on some different trails.

Rev

I have never been to redbird. I might consider this depending on funding and how cold I feel like being at night.

Just bring Sean to spoon with.......:D

Back