• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Red Bird Trail Cleanup

agreed...I def could not make it if it was that weekend or the 15th.

Halloween would be a no-go for me as well. I'll be in TN on Oct. 15th.
My preference is for Oct. 8th or the first weekend in Nov.
I'm hoping to make this if at all possible. Last run before the "spruce up".

Who all *can* make it on the 29th? Just curious on the numbers, it sounds like more than half the people who want to go can't do it that weekend and that's a lot of people we'd miss out on having.

I'm itching to get down there, so I prefer sooner rather than later, but I am keeping things open for whatever date we land on.

We did a pretty major trail change last time (cutting a bypass around the mud pit), what are the plans for this clean-up? Just a general run-through, pick up trash, clear limbs, etc.?

Who all *can* make it on the 29th? Just curious on the numbers, it sounds like more than half the people who want to go can't do it that weekend and that's a lot of people we'd miss out on having.

I'm itching to get down there, so I prefer sooner rather than later, but I am keeping things open for whatever date we land on.

We did a pretty major trail change last time (cutting a bypass around the mud pit), what are the plans for this clean-up? Just a general run-through, pick up trash, clear limbs, etc.?

I'd be good with October 29th, Gonna try and get my dad to come out and wheel with me.

If that first weekend in Nov would work, that is very do-able for me right now. Nothing planned and my calendar is open at this point. It is a long haul, but could possibly make it then, October is shot for me.

All this being said, I woudl need a seat to ride along in...my rig is not gonna be done w/ the axle swap by then.

If that first weekend in Nov would work, that is very do-able for me right now. Nothing planned and my calendar is open at this point. It is a long haul, but could possibly make it then, October is shot for me.

All this being said, I woudl need a seat to ride along in...my rig is not gonna be done w/ the axle swap by then.

I'm sure we can find you one! Rev will probably let you spoon with him at night too! :D

no, just that dude from McD's in the Fort... Mac's buddy. :D

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.................

on a side note...nov 5th is a possibility for me...to keep this thread on track

mac 'its dan's stalker' gyvr

I am definitely in for November 5th!

As an ongoing service to new Redbird attendees, here is the location where we usually camp:

Wampler Campsite - Google Maps

Zoom out and get your bearings and figure it from there, or right-click anywhere near the camping area in the above link and get "directions to here".

Or for the graphically challenged: From 54, take county road 1500W to the south. The road will fork, take the left fork and you'll go through a section with lake on both sides. We'll try to be to the smaller campground to the left, otherwise we'll be in the larger area on the right, hopefully up near the top. If you're not coming from the north then you're on your own. :)

I am definitely in for November 5th!

As an ongoing service to new Redbird attendees, here is the location where we usually camp:

Wampler Campsite - Google Maps

Zoom out and get your bearings and figure it from there, or right-click anywhere near the camping area in the above link and get "directions to here".

Or for the graphically challenged: From 54, take county road 1500W to the south. The road will fork, take the left fork and you'll go through a section with lake on both sides. We'll try to be to the smaller campground to the left, otherwise we'll be in the larger area on the right, hopefully up near the top. If you're not coming from the north then you're on your own. :)

I'm in, so I can swing through b-town and pick up Molly if she is coming.

Back