• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

recomend me a tablet

Does the Nexus 7 and 10 have GPS for maps and all that jazz?

I know the 7 has a Broadcom BCM4751 GPS chip, i'm gonna assume the 10 does as well. however, google nav works ONLY with a data connection, but there are other "offline" nav apps you can use that will work without data. i dont have any experience with them but i'm sure the google will point you in the right direction.

what i assume youre asking is can the nexus device(s) determine their own location without a data connection? yes. routing without data is the only issue you'll run into.

I know the 7 has a Broadcom BCM4751 GPS chip, i'm gonna assume the 10 does as well. however, google nav works ONLY with a data connection, but there are other "offline" nav apps you can use that will work without data. i dont have any experience with them but i'm sure the google will point you in the right direction.

what i assume youre asking is can the nexus device(s) determine their own location without a data connection? yes. routing without data is the only issue you'll run into.

I'd want to be able to load what ever maps I needed then use to map FS roads. Without the data connection. I'm not paying.

Google Maps has a feature that lets you choose an area that you want to work offline.

http://support.google.com/gmm/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2650218&topic=2649131&ctx=topic

And there is a Nexus 7 with mobile data capability, you'd just need a plan with whatever carrier it supports (which is ATT I think).

But Im sure there is other android navigation apps that support adding maps and whatnot with more features than Google Maps/Navigation.

Last edited:
are you already an amazon customer? Do you want to subscribe to Amazon Prime?

It's geared to make you purchase things from them.
It is closed off from the real app world and given only what Amazon deems you need.

I see, i don't want any of that nonsense. she wants something that runs like her phone (android) but big enough to read on. im looking to not spend more than 160 bucks.

I see, i don't want any of that nonsense. she wants something that runs like her phone (android) but big enough to read on. im looking to not spend more than 160 bucks.
If you want to, check out xda-developers.com forums. They have info on how to make kindle fire's better. Although, I might suggest a N7 16gb tablet, 200$ brand new.

No offense to Rew, but I don't think he's the guy you want rooting your brandy new fire.

http://www.google.com/nexus/7/

pure android.

always the latest updates.

Download the kindle app for android and be on your way. Or "rent" books for free at the local public library.

Im not gonna be hard headed. found a nexus7 for 250 so i will get that one.

Back