• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rebuild of my build...

Alright this is going to be what I call "version 1" of this bumper system, I'm planning on wheeling it a few times seeing if anything needs to be changed at all...

Here it is for now
IMG_0126.jpg

And a nice coat of jet black paint.

IMG_0127.jpg

Next part of my list I'll be taking care of all of the wiring for the winch solenoid and a power block for all of my accessories and rock lights. critiques are welcome on the bumper design.

Made more progress yesterday, winch is installed and wired up, and I started tackling my HUGE wire mess under the hood, over the years I'd just throw shit together under the hood when it came to wiring new accessories in, hell I even found house wiring nuts in there! While I was at it to I took out the airbox to gain access to that crack in the header. While I was in there I also found that I have a SMOKED motor mount on the drivers side :-\ I'll post up picks when I get to the office in a bit.

Very nice. It's always good to take a little time and neaten things up when possible...

IMG_0755.jpg

This was the mess that constantly greeted me every time I opened my hood. And it came down to the point it was giving me constant problems so it couldn't be put off any longer.

With the help of a remote fuse block
IMG_0758.jpg

I could new clean everything up going to my battery and make it easy to trouble shoot electrical problems.

I also took the opportunity to take out my fuse box and bracket, coolant tank, washer tank, and prep for my on board air and remove all of the existing A/C plumbing at the same time. Being a 95 there were alot of bolt that have been rusted beyond use and brackets that were starting to decay. I might as well do it right and clean those up as well.

IMG_0760.jpg

half way

I almost finished everything up yesterday I just ran into alot of headaches trying to mount my winch solenoid box under the hood so that ate up the daylight.

IMG_0769.jpg

I just have to make a 8gauge power wire that will go to my battery to power the romote power block.

As for the winch solenoid box it's going to live up front for now until I have the want to make it work under the hood but I can't complain I did some test pulls and everything works perfect.

IMG_0768.jpg

More to come tomorrow....

I got a few more things going on with the wiring I thought I was done with it but, now one of my rock lights don't work correctly and my CB is non responsive, I'm thinking it's a grounding problem, jeep started right up last night and it was GREAT to take it for a ride finally :thumbup: I plan on getting two new doors from XJBump this weekend for the passenger side OOPS I had last fall to clean things up, and the two new motor mounts I put into it made a HUGE difference, I never knew that's where alot of the odd sounds and problems where coming from.

IMG_0775.jpg

Found that nice little surprise waiting for me in my rockers today when i started cutting them open. hah it had to be at least 10lbs of dirt!

IMG_0779.jpg

I plan on cutting even further up into my rockers then using 2x6 rectangle stock

more to come tomorrow....

finished my opening today.
IMG_0784.jpg

Good news is I'm going just as planned, bad news I have rust... rust holes... not so good.
IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

I'm thinking I'm just gonna plate it and pretend I never saw it. :homer:

another angle
IMG_0787.jpg

Primed and all I did for today.
IMG_0788.jpg

Next trim the doors, and fab up some rockers again.... ohh and exo anchor points :)

looks good. Thats something like what I plan to do with my red jeep. For some odd reason the rockers are starting to rot. Nothing else on the jeep, just the rockers...

Ok well I was just going to edit my last post and put more info in it butttt I can't do that 45 minutes after I make the post i guess so heres a little more info on this...

I actually did some work on this little guy :)

I've been doing alot of this lately
IMG_0135.jpg

Grinding the rust off of everything so maybe I can control the decay of my jeep someday, It seems this winter was the worst and it isn't even a DD so I don't get how the rust can be that bad but oh it was. But this got a good wire wheel bath, just like the other misc parts and repainted
IMG_0904.jpg

Blam sh*t's fresh now
Also took the time to really finish up my rocker project..
IMG_0905.jpg

Like I said I'm using "Eric Xj's" technique and will be using 2x6x.180 for the actual rocker, and 2.5x2.5 angle steel on the seam with the floor and the rocker use to meet to add some strength and also some meat seeing how this is now lower then my rocker now it needs to be able to deal with a rock impact or whatever, then some 3" flat stock to tie the rocker into the angle steel, and lastly some 2x2x3/16 to go from the angle to my frame stiffeners to really tie everything in, it should stiffen the body up perfectly
After a quick test fit
IMG_0905.jpg

Time to start burning it home

Here's with the flat stock added, I still have to add in the 2x2 but this is pretty much the finished product, looking at it now that it's done I'm probably going to have to cut about 3" off my doors so they fit nicely again, but I think it's VERY worth it, only down side is since my jeep does sit a little high it's kind of a PITA to get in and out of smoothly, but hey jeeps are ment to be awkward :)
IMG_0913.jpg

And threw some color on it looks pretty for now....
IMG_0914.jpg

And if anyone was wondering this is the welder I'm rocking
IMG_0909.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks!

NAC fest is a month away, and I'm still minus a diff solution for my 8.25.... ugh well anyways not alot of progress to show you, but axle u joints were DESTROYED so had to fix that, while doing that found both front calipers to be frozen.... so new calipers now haha. Started my other side rock rails, and looked further into how I'm mounting my rear shocks again, I'm thinking perhaps going through the floor and getting a set of remote reservoirs like my fronts, I may be moving the rear axle back 2 inches so maybe mount them on the front side of the axle tube and send them up from there and mount it to some 2x2 square? Here's some pics so at least you have something to look at that, for those who can't read this much

Also took the time to angle the hell out of my spare tire, and got a fullsize spare finally!!! I noticed with it angle the weight is now centered instead of hanging off the very end of the carrier.
IMG_0921.jpg

A butt shot for you
IMG_0923.jpg

Getting REALLY tired of seeing these as front wheels...
IMG_0920.jpg

Like I said everything gets painted and grinded to help stop the rust. Adds some bling factor too!
IMG_0918.jpg

All the progress I made on the other rocker for the week :-\ not alot but at least something.
IMG_0922.jpg

That's all for now, more work on it maybe tomorrow

Last edited:
More shots of my rockers and the jeep a little more cleaned up.

IMG_0915g.jpg

IMG_0916.jpg

After thinking alot about it since, I'm going to one tons in less then 7 months I didn't go crazy with shock mounting like I originally planned, I think when I go to the one tons I'll be doing a 4 link rear anyway so heres what I got with that.

Shockscomplete.jpg

As you can see in the pic below I just did a quick bar pin eliminator bracket and welded it up there.
Uppermountdetail.jpg

and also moved the lowers up on the axle as well... simple yet effective... Do i need shorter shocks you think?

Lowermountdetail.jpg

Also reworked my front bumper yet again, I like it ALOT better now I'll take pics of what I'm talking about today, also took care of my buckled floor, and some other things I cant think of at the moment. What you guys think so far?

The Jeep looks GREAT!!!

Remember though, finesse is "the name of the game"... Thats allotta tire for a D30..

Looking forward to seeing this beast in action.

A.

Back