• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shock mounts

can you weld?? you mean the ones on the axletube right?

Cut a piece of 1x1x.25 tube in half to make a U. Then drill a hole in the bottom center, stick the appropriate size bolt in and beld the head of the bolt to the inside of the tube. Then weld the tube to the axle. Now you have a nice box with a stud sticking out of it for your shock to mount on level with the axle tube. :)

lowrange2 said:
Cut a piece of 1x1x.25 tube in half to make a U. Then drill a hole in the bottom center, stick the appropriate size bolt in and beld the head of the bolt to the inside of the tube. Then weld the tube to the axle. Now you have a nice box with a stud sticking out of it for your shock to mount on level with the axle tube. :)
A picture is worth a thousand words. LOL

I know about cuting the shock monts in half and bring it up but I dont like the feeling though I just want to know if there is a shock mount that is shorter that I can swap

Last edited:
jimbow912 said:
I know about cuting the shock monts in half and bring it up but I dont like the feeling though I just want to know if there is a shock mount that is shorter that I can swap
Why? You have to cut them off anyway, and then you already have a free shock mount. Why spend $30 more.

I cut mine and moved them up. I just used the old mounts and re-welded them after some fabbing. They are now tied into the spring perches and I plated the under side with some 3/16" so they will slide off of rocks a little easier. The reason you would want to do this is to give you more clearance on the rocks and to have less things hanging down to hang up on the rocks.
trailrig28qf2.jpg

trailrig29iu1.jpg

trailrig30sz2.jpg

trailrig31lw1.jpg

trailrig33xs5.jpg

Last edited:
JKS makes some, but they cost to much.
http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=FAB_922&Store_Code=JKS01&Category_Code=FABParts

But, you can cut a piece of chanel with a hole saw,and drill the hole and make the same type of bracket. This type of bracket will let you put the shock mount bolt even with the bottom of the axle, instead of up higher at the center of the axle tube. It does require a little welding but you'll get about an 1 1/2" more travel out of your shocks. I recently did this.

Last edited:
I bought one weld on leaf spring perch ,cut it in half drilled two holes and mounted some shock studs to them. Its nice because you can bolt them up to the shock and move them side to side and up and down to mock them up before you weld them on

bcmaxx said:
I bought one weld on leaf spring perch ,cut it in half drilled two holes and mounted some shock studs to them. Its nice because you can bolt them up to the shock and move them side to side and up and down to mock them up before you weld them on
That's an excellent idea :clap:
a lot easier than cutting with a hole saw :doh:

Back