• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Panel Trimming

guther66

NAXJA Forum User
I'm interested in trimming my rear panels on my XJ and was wondering if any one had a link or suggestions of how to do it. Pictures would be great, so I can tell exactly what I'm going to be running into, things to what out for, etc...

Thanks for the replies. I am having troubles trying to get the pictures to come up from the naxja link. Any suggestions?

guther66 said:
Thanks for the replies. I am having troubles trying to get the pictures to come up from the naxja link. Any suggestions?

Stop surfing from work??? :D

Sad but true I wish that was the case. I'm getting tired of the college bit, I'm almost done though which is good.
I'm actually at home.

Hey I got your PM, and unfortunately the pics may be gone permanently. I pulled a stupid and forgot to re-save them back to my harddrive after re-doing my computer, and since they were hosted on an online host, they died after a while. Anyone else by chance save them? Man I REALLY hate to lose those pics, it wasn't easy dong all that...

freerider15 said:
Hey I got your PM, and unfortunately the pics may be gone permanently. I pulled a stupid and forgot to re-save them back to my harddrive after re-doing my computer, and since they were hosted on an online host, they died after a while. Anyone else by chance save them? Man I REALLY hate to lose those pics, it wasn't easy dong all that...
Do they work for you in this link?

http://jeepin.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=003480#000000

Oh and Im assuming your talking about your quarter panel chop...

I had that jeepin link bookmarked, perhaps the pics are in my cookies (mmmmmmmm :D ) I did just save them, I can upload them or email them to you.

Are these the pics of cutting past the pinch weld in the rear? If so, I'm looking for these also. I liked the approach, but did not save them either.
Going to 37's in June-July and need to cut past the pinch weld in the rear. Currently the rear is cut and folded w/35's. But no where enough room to stuff 37's.

Oh yeah the last link did not have piccys either.

freerider15 said:
Yeah If ANYONE has these pics saved, please send them to me and I get the post revamped, as I am regularly asked about this and know quite a few of ya could use the info...
Pretty sure they are still cached at work Ill send them if they are

freerider15 said:
Yeah If ANYONE has these pics saved, please send them to me and I get the post revamped, as I am regularly asked about this and know quite a few of ya could use the info...

Whats your email?

Yes the pictures from the jeepin archives works. Thanks for everything.
This is exactly what I was looking for.

DaffyXJ said:
Are these the pics of cutting past the pinch weld in the rear? If so, I'm looking for these also. I liked the approach, but did not save them either.
Going to 37's in June-July and need to cut past the pinch weld in the rear. Currently the rear is cut and folded w/35's. But no where enough room to stuff 37's.

Oh yeah the last link did not have piccys either.

Why wouldn't the cut and fold work for 37's that you have now? Not sure how much trimming you have right now exactly, but my rear was cut and folded to that first lip and fit 37's easily, with 6" of lift, no rubbing in the rear. Here are a few pictures:

100_0045.jpg

100_0048.jpg

100_0051.jpg

Bumpstops are a good investment along with the fender trimming.

Back