• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE xj rear spring bushing problem

trailbuilt

NAXJA Forum User
So I got re 5.5 on my XJ.....600 miles and one trip to core and one to carnage.

After installing my rear d44 I noticed my pass front spring bushing was shifted over to one side. I called them and the basicly told me to get F**cked and buy new spring bushings( set of 4 50.00) so I removed the spring and the bushing is loose....I can tap it in and out with a hammer....not normal.....I am going to call them again tomarrow.They said that my jeep must be messed up,springs have no warr, and to drive it and it should fix itself.WTF!! What can I do? new bushing? anyone seen this?

As of now I am not happy with RE. I have bought 3 xj lifts from them and have installed 3 other for freinds that I told to buy RE.Every kit has had some wrong hardware.....I never called them on that,just went to the store and bought the right stuff.

Im havin the same problem, just a different brand spring. on these non-military wrap springs, the front eye opens up slightly allowing the leaf to slide off the bushing. Military wrap springs would be better but seem to cost about twice as much. Im gonna try to press the bushings from my OEM springs into these leafs. maybe the original bushing with a small lip on one side might keep the spring from sliding off atleast the one way. Im also considering some small welds between the bushing and the leaf to keep them oriented correctly.

Simo said:
Im havin the same problem, just a different brand spring. on these non-military wrap springs, the front eye opens up slightly allowing the leaf to slide off the bushing. Military wrap springs would be better but seem to cost about twice as much. Im gonna try to press the bushings from my OEM springs into these leafs. maybe the original bushing with a small lip on one side might keep the spring from sliding off atleast the one way. Im also considering some small welds between the bushing and the leaf to keep them oriented correctly.

i tack welded mine on 3 locations radially. no more problems.

Back