• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

re-drilling axle shafts

billyjp2

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone here had any expirience re-drilling a 6x5.5 flange to 5x4.5? My plan is to put a Rodeo 44 into a TJ. At the moment I don't have access to any wheels or shafts that are 6 lug to do a mock-up. Until I do, I'm looking for input from others.

whats the spline count on those shafts? whats the width? an 8.8 might me more worthwhile.

I know they sell axle shafts, brake rotors, etc with multiple bolt patterns pre drilled, so I doubt it would weaken the shafts. However, it would be very difficult to get them perfectly spaced.

i would probably pop the old studs out (duh) and get a hub-centric wheel, or brake rotor on the shaft. then punch, and drill, and install a stud one at a time, bolting down the wheel each time.

i dont think the holes will overlap

any axle shop sould be able to do it for you. not all that difficalt but if you have to ask how to do it i would not recomed you try it on your own.

You might run into problems trying to fit a 5x 4.5" rim over the axle center. I'd verify clearance before drilling any holes. Good luck.

Back