• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC lca and uca clunking

jwebb85

NAXJA Forum User
I have Rough Country adjustable control arms. The lift is around 5" w/o drop brackets. If you grease the crap out of them the are quiet for a day or two. The is a fair amount of slack in the threads. I am going to get some drop brackets soon. My question is, has anyone tried to make a bushing to fit between the end of the larger tube and smaller one. I was thinking about using some type of rubber hose with the same ID as the axle end of the arm. Then i would slide it up between the space and in the end creating a bushing and eliminate the clunking. I would think this would help with keeping the grit and water out of them as well. Any opinions on this would be nice.

Not sure what you can do about that issue. You could upgrade to their new flex joint arms or go with Andy's arms at IronMan4x4fab. They are cheaper, yet stronger.

call rough country, tell them your issue, they'll give you half off on the new style (most likely).

the old style ones were prone to failure.

Back