• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC & Fishing late aug./early sept????

I've talked with a few people, and it would appear that Sept. 8th and 9th are the "cleanest" ones for work schedules and whatnot. Plus, it leaves plenty of room between it and RockToberFest, so thats the date...I'll be reserving a cabin tomorrow, will be able to split with 2 others, as the basic cabins sleep 4..
Rich

Just food for thought - we haven't set a date yet, though we probably should soon - but we are planning on doing the Rocktoberfest event again this year. I wouldn't want 'em to end up too close together. :)

I should hope RockToberFest is going on again, its one of our favorite events. Thats why I posted this now, so we could squeak it in...I really didnt expect such a big response, but it looks like this thing is blowing up. I happen to think that its great that everyone here has such a good time together that we can do this kind of stuff. Carol and I are lucky to have such a great bunch of people to wheel and camp (and fish) with, within the NAC..I told her so many great things about everyone that I could tell she was a bit skeptical....until she met everybody. Now I can barely restrain her excitement to get back to Pine Grove to see everyone. Thanks to you all for being who you are, a great group of people of all stripes! We consider ourselves lucky to count you all as friends.
Rich

I've got 2 10.5 ft Kayaks. But NO freshwater fishin stuff. I actually have no experience with fresh water fishing, but hell what a good time to start. I can request the weekend, September is better for me too (just not Labor Day, its blacked out at work)

So I know your really into fishing Rich, got a quick list for a lady to buy beforehand?

I'm actually a pretty casual fisherman...I could care less if I catch anything at all when I go out..I just like to shut the world off for a couple of hours. It does wonders for my brain, which needs all the help it can get at this point.

I'd love to make it down for this, I think I could swing two trips close together (gaurenteed going to rocktoberfest). I too would like to explore the area more and do more things then just RC. I know people talk about places like Centraila too, not so much for wheeling but more as adventure and exploring stuff. Fishing and enjoying freshwater lakes and ponds is my favorite, not really a fan of saltwater.

I've talked with a few people, and it would appear that Sept. 8th and 9th are the "cleanest" ones for work schedules and whatnot. Plus, it leaves plenty of room between it and RockToberFest, so thats the date...I'll be reserving a cabin tomorrow, will be able to split with 2 others, as the basic cabins sleep 4..
Rich
Well I can tell you nobody from up this way will be making it. :(
The 7th-9th is NEA's Fall Crawl which is much larger than NACFest for most of us up this way. No self respecting wheeler in this area misses it.
I should hope RockToberFest is going on again, its one of our favorite events. Thats why I posted this now, so we could squeak it in...I really didnt expect such a big response, but it looks like this thing is blowing up. I happen to think that its great that everyone here has such a good time together that we can do this kind of stuff. Carol and I are lucky to have such a great bunch of people to wheel and camp (and fish) with, within the NAC..I told her so many great things about everyone that I could tell she was a bit skeptical....until she met everybody. Now I can barely restrain her excitement to get back to Pine Grove to see everyone. Thanks to you all for being who you are, a great group of people of all stripes! We consider ourselves lucky to count you all as friends.
Rich
Angel & I were bumming we missed NACFest, we'll have to make Rocktober.

I will be seeing what I can do for the dates. But I do not think I will be wheeling. Just fishing and sight seeing. Will let you know soon.

Thanks for setting the dates - good job Rich:thumbup:

This will be the weekend after I return from Canada, so I won't have a lot of time to plan or prepare .... expect me and two hungry kids to be hanging around your cabin with empty plates and hungry bellies:D

I might even convince my wife to come with me on this one .... she likes camping, and even a bit of fishing .... its the wheeling she despises - poor thing gets white knuckled if I go over a speed bump faster than 4mph.

I will have to decide if I want to tow up the MJ, or a boat. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Thanks for setting the dates - good job Rich:thumbup:

This will be the weekend after I return from Canada, so I won't have a lot of time to plan or prepare .... expect me and two hungry kids to be hanging around your cabin with empty plates and hungry bellies:D

I might even convince my wife to come with me on this one .... she likes camping, and even a bit of fishing .... its the wheeling she despises - poor thing gets white knuckled if I go over a speed bump faster than 4mph.

I will have to decide if I want to tow up the MJ, or a boat. Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

That would be great to see you bring up the family too Jordan! As for what you mentioned, John, Im bringing the jeep,...maybe..I'm not setting up any rules as to whether anyone wants to wheel both days, fish both days, or whatever for that matter...this is in no way an "official" run, so everybody's free to do what they like. Even I'm not sure I want to bother with any wheeling that weekend, I just like it up there and there is plenty to do, so if you're planning on coming, I say plan on doing whatever YOU want to do.
Rich

FYI.....I just reserved our cabin...it is # q32, back in the circle by the creek..the lady said the surrounding cabins are open as of now, so let's pack this up.
Rich

If I'm not traveling for work, I'll be there. Hopefully at least some wheeling.

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/licenses.html

Here is the license info. I've been fishing Pa for 5yrs and they checked me once. BUT not worth the fine. You will have to buy a trout stamp or don't toss your line in a stream.

No Egon? I'll have to change my name to Winebox Fox. :)

Can't wait! Pauline

Very nice, thanks for the link, Pauline. Gotta make sure we're legit! Looking forward to this one! Big breakfast at Buddy's Log Cabin! WooooHooo!
Rich

Back