• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare Diesel XJ on ebay (no affiliation)...

way cool but did anyone look at the end price?-went for 5600, way too much for me. last time i bought an 80s/90s car for rarity was the last time i'd ever do it, ended up so backwards in the car financially my dad had to bail me out.(i was 17)

I wanna put a crd in my jeep down the road though.

I'm assuming he means the non-working door - I would bet I can fix that in less than 45 minutes with less than 50 dollars in brand new parts if anyone wants to buy it, it's about 45min from where I live.

A lot of bright lights here in the Intermountain Chapter I see.

Duh-1.jpg

That's cool. Makes me want to put the Liberty diesel in mine. Diesels are the best, hence my pic.

That's cool. Makes me want to put the Liberty diesel in mine. Diesels are the best, hence my pic.

Hmmm... I wonder how hard that would be to work out.

Putting that motor in the lighter XJ might get you 30+ mpg. Then you could learn how to home-brew your own bio-fuel... :sunshine:

Hmmm... I wonder how hard that would be to work out.

Putting that motor in the lighter XJ might get you 30+ mpg. Then you could learn how to home-brew your own bio-fuel... :sunshine:

How about this one? Nissan SD-33 with a 727 from a CJ-10a. Kind of a "dumber" solution in that its all mechanical and a 3-speed, but it fits the XJ's form factor and is compatible with Jeep 23-spline DD transfer cases.

That's a big-block Dodge-patterned 727 bolted to the block via an SAE 4 adapter if anyone wants to brainstorm ways to get a better or OD trans behind it.

NissanSD337271.JPG

NissanSD337272.JPG

That nissan would be sick- i don't think more simple is always dumber. plus when the a big emp goes off after the zombies attack that thing would still run:farmer:

I don't know if I mentioned this but I had a guy come into my work about a month back who had put a four cylinder cummins in a grand wagoneer. It was pretty loud and seemed to vibrate quite a bit so it might need some unibody work and some really forgiving motor mounts to work in an xj but size seems about perfect. I'll see if I can get ahold of him and get some more info on that too.

How about this one? Nissan SD-33 with a 727 from a CJ-10a. Kind of a "dumber" solution in that its all mechanical and a 3-speed, but it fits the XJ's form factor and is compatible with Jeep 23-spline DD transfer cases.

That's a big-block Dodge-patterned 727 bolted to the block via an SAE 4 adapter if anyone wants to brainstorm ways to get a better or OD trans behind it.

NissanSD337272.JPG

That's a lot of hose! Neat though!

Back