• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ranch RSX Shocks?

dmillion

NAXJA Forum User
4-Wheel Parts Wholesalers is currently running a special, buy 3 and get the 4th for free, on Ranch RSX shocks, and I'm thinking about getting them for my stock height XJ. Anyone use them? Anyone want to comment, pro or con, on them?

Thanks!

Not bad, 'bout the same as a Bilstein or Edelbrock IAS. Good stuff. It's a Rancho deal by the way, not 4 Wheel Farts. Shop around!

:)

I put some on my wife's WJ not long before it got creamed the final time, we liked 'em a lot. Somewhat stiffer than stock, but the adaptive valving still stays reasonably civilized on the street.

After I put some springs in our XJ, I'd like to put a set of 'em on it.

I have been running them since they first came out a few years ago and I like them. I have the 13.25 travel shocks and have really banged them around and they still ride like I first got them. I was able to cash in on the buy 3 get 1 free deal that Rancho has once or twice a year as well.
Shop around and buy local if possible....in case you ever have any warranty issues.

I had RSX's and didn't like them. With a BB on my UpCountry (2.5 lift) the street ride was too stiff and on the trails I kept slamming the bump stops in front. The xj rode like a hobby horse on the highway. I got some Rubicon Express shocks and have better ride on the road and the trails. No more slamming the bump stops. Cheaper too.

Back