• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radio fuse keeps blowing

I am mistaken, the radio fuse is above the blower fuse and is 15 amp. Still could be the ignition switch and its wiring/connectors going bad.

1984_1988_fuse_box.jpg

mine looks like that one, just rotated 90* to the left.

Also this is the 15 amp fuse that's popping? If so diagrams I'm seeing show that off the radio fuse is the radio, the cigar lighter, the low washer fluid level switch, and interior vanity lamps. At least that's for the switched power to the radio.
^^^ This

Wire color is violet w/orange tracer

Resolved.... Sorta: the sun came out and stuff started drying out... And my fuse stopped popping.
I put each component back in one by one without fail. I noticed water coming down the firewall when it would rain so I decided to clean up and replace the old sealant between the firewall and the fenders, we shall see if that works.

However,... (Pause for effect)... The damn speedometer and odometer are not working now.:eeks1:
Time to figure out how to resolve this issue.

Speedo cable is easy to pull loose of the gauge set, held by a weak spring clip, just get behind the gauge assy, just reclip/reinstall it back in place.

Okay.. Rain is still getting into the jeep. I pulled the chrome trim off the windshield and it was packed with pine needles so that is cleaned up but now I need to figure out where the water comes from. Looks like my son gets to play with the hose while I get to play contortionist to see where the water is coming from. :D

if you have a compressor, you can spray soapy water around the outside of the windshield seam and blow air against the inside seam... bubbles will form where the leak/s are

That was one of the first things I did. It looks like the water is running down the firewall over the fuse box where it connects to the wiring harness and is leaking through the seal that is between the fuse panel and the firewall.

Back