• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

QUICK help needed!!!

Texas Twitch

NAXJA Forum User
alright, i was installing my Hella 500s tonight on my 91 cherokee, and something popped. dont know what. here is a list of things that work kand dont work:

WORKING:
headlights
starter
interior lights
gauge lights
door locks

NOT WORKING:
foglights
spotlights
fuel pump
windows
radio

this has got me frickin stumped. i looked at all the fuses, both under the hood and under the dash, and didn't find anything. is there a circuit breaker or relay that handles most power accessories? the Haynes diagram lists an electrical accessory 30 amp circuit breaker, but i have no idea where it might be. once again, not under the hood fuse box or in the under dash fuse box. i need to fix this ASAP because my window is down and i dont live in the best apartment complex. ive got most everything of value out of it, but im still worried. any help you could give would be appreciated.

Uh oh. I don't know what to say. Never done that sorta thing before. Did you hear the pop when you turned the Hella's on or just out of nowhere? Anyways, I know how to fix the window. Just take the door panel off reletively simple. Bolts off, and just push up the window. Should work, then again might now since the regulator is stuck. Oh yes. Got it. Unfasten the actual glass from the regulator and lift the glass. Line the bottom with fabric or cardboard to dampen incase is drops so it won't shatter. To keep the glass up find cardboard and fold it to thicken it. Use a screw driver to pry in the cardboard to keep the window closed. Temporarily fixed. :D

Magimerlin will be on soon, he might be able to help you.

If only you where my neighbor. Oh God no. Thank the Lord you're not lol. You'd never leave my house. :D

alright, i was installing my Hella 500s tonight on my 91 cherokee, and something popped. dont know what. here is a list of things that work kand dont work:

WORKING:
headlights
starter
interior lights
gauge lights
door locks

NOT WORKING:
foglights on fuse 5 or 6 in the pdc (fuse box in the engine bay) and is a 15amp fuse if oem fogs and also fuse 19 on the inside fuse panel which is a 15 I think, is also tied to the fog light switch

spotlights

fuel pump will it run if you jump the relay(bypass it) also try bypassing the ballast resister. it looks like a ceramic jenga piece either by the front driver side or driver side by the firewall but will be bolted in place and is white. there are 2 fuses for the fuel pump in the pdc(power distribution center in the engine bay), fuse 15 which is a 30amp and fuse 5 or 6 its a 15amp fuse.

windows 30 amp breaker in the inside fuse box. take out for a sec then replace its actually a circuit breaker so should reset its self once removed.
radio

this has got me frickin stumped. i looked at all the fuses, both under the hood and under the dash, and didn't find anything. is there a circuit breaker or relay that handles most power accessories? the Haynes diagram lists an electrical accessory 30 amp circuit breaker see above , but i have no idea where it might be. once again, not under the hood fuse box or in the under dash fuse box. i need to fix this ASAP because my window is down (worse case take off the door panel and jump th motor to put it back up) and i dont live in the best apartment complex. ive got most everything of value out of it, but im still worried. any help you could give would be appreciated.

Ok that being typed. Do you know where you heard the pop? What area was it near? Did you/can you smell anything funny(wiring related)

Alright, its fixed. I'm a dumbass. The Max fuse under the hood labeled "ignition system " was the culprit. I neglected to check it because I couldn't fathom that that fuse would control all those things. Thanks for the help guys.

Just realized it controls those things because they are all key on accessories. Booo

Glad it wasnt anything crazy. sorry i wasmt much help on the phonr. never had any electrical issues other than a blown fuse here and there.

its all good Ed. just keep in mind the thought that when i had an issue, you were one of my first calls. take that to heart.

everyone else, thanks for the advice and the help. its greatly appreciated!

Glad you got it sorted out. I don't mind working on ANYTHING else on the rig, but I hate wiring problems with a passion. Luckily it was something easy.

My advise didn't help did it? :D

x2-no shit man...i hate electrical with a passion.

sparty-stick to bringing us Enchiladas brother!

Back