• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

quick D35 question

.hendrix.

NAXJA Forum User
i have a '73 amc hornet along with my jeep. will D35 one piece shafts work in the hornet's amc-15? I recently disintegrated an axle bearing and bent the wheel hub in the process of pulling it off. help me......

Hello HX, from a severe laymans perspective on the hornet vs jeep axle swap is probably a no go. sorry to hear about the dismount problems that put you here.

hey, will the rear window from a 73 pacer fit in my xj rear hatch?

probably not.

There's actually a chance that it might.

I can't confirm that it will, but from everything I've read the AMC-15 and Dana 35 are very similar axles. If you have a JY that is local to you and does a 30 day warranty, I'd suggest finding a Dana 35 under a Jeep there, pulling the shaft and seeing if it works. At the very worst, you're out gas money and a couple hours of work. Who knows, maybe it swaps right in without any issues.

The AMC-15 has the same 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern as an XJ/YJ/TJ Dana 35.

The AMC-15 is basically just the pre-Spicer/Dana version of the Dana 35. Apparently AMC sold tooling to Dana and the 15 became the 35.

Explains alot about why a Dana 35 looks nothing like any of Dana's other axles, and for its size is generally a lot shittier than any of their other axles.

Just goes to show what a POS the D35 is, they only used it Hornets with the I6, all the V8 Hornets had AMC-20s.

Last edited:
Back