• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Questions about Blower Motor Fix and Rear Wiper

mphilleo

NAXJA Forum User
Another day, another pair of questions on my '96.

So, the good news is, replacing the blower motor, resistor and fan speed switch (cleaned up pigtail too) fixed my fan on low only issue. Which takes me to my question. I replaced the blower motor with a Canadian-made Unimotor, which is the exact same type I removed. Did the whole thing with splicing the wires and found an old circlip in the garage to retain the squirrel cage.

My issue is that even though I get all my speeds, it seems as though the 4 settings are low, still low, less low and freaking high. Worse, on any setting besides high, the fan makes a fair bit of noise, which seems weird for a new in box unit. Is that typical or not so much? I'd hate to have to do anything else with it at this point.

My second question is about the rear wiper motor. I took it out, poked around the transmission box, cleaned and put new grease in, used some penetrating oil on the shaft, checked for any solder issues, cleaned the connections and reinstalled it. When I depress the wiper button, all I hear every 3 seconds or so is a buzz coming from the rear and no movement. It sounds like maybe the relay attached to the motor is trying to do something but there's no movement. With the wiper button switch down I tried to assist it, but no luck, wouldn't budge. I assume I'll just have to knuckle down and get a new motor? I can't imagine it has any bearing on the issue but there was no washer on the fitting that goes between the shaft and the tailgate.

Thanks!

Back