• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question

GIJill

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced my water pump on my 87 Cherokee and found I think it's called the radiator extention hose? It's a metal tube that goes into the top of the water pump to put a hose on. Well anyhow that metal tube is really rustie and really messed up and I found out that it's discontinued which sucks because it needs replacing. Any idea where I can get one of these or any other ideas? Thanks in advance! :helpme:

I´m pretty sure they are 3/8" pipe thread. Pretty standard stuff (Home Depot or a plumbing supply). Fairly sure a 3/8" nipple, with the threads cut off the hose end, will work just fine. Inside diameter may be just a touch smaller, using 3/8" water pipe, but probably not enough to make any real difference. Remember pipe thread is cut in a slight cone shape, don´t over tighten or you may split the water pump.

If you can't find one just go to the hardware store and buy a 3/8 black pipe nipple the right length. Thread it in, teflon tape or pipe joint compound is a good idea. I left the treads on the other end just so the hose had something to "grab on".

Back