• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question, Do you guys know what the hell this thing is?

Culinary_Hooligan

NAXJA Forum User
When I removed my headliner and foam backing, there is this ceramic hockey puck looking thing attached to the celing, what the hell is that?
the one on my roof is half broken off, and leaks water....why is it there...
I'm going to silicone around it to seal it, but WHAT THE HELL PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE?

Later Guys, and Thanks....
Chef Robert Maner

Culinary_Hooligan said:
When I removed my headliner and foam backing, there is this ceramic hockey puck looking thing attached to the celing, what the hell is that?
the one on my roof is half broken off, and leaks water....why is it there...
I'm going to silicone around it to seal it, but WHAT THE HELL PURPOSE DOES IT SERVE?

Later Guys, and Thanks....
Chef Robert Maner

Well, until you broke it off it was how our agency tracked your movements. Ever since the chip in your neck went on the fritz, that "ceramic hockey puck" was all we had to use to predict the next UFO landing site.

No reason to panic. A large black sedan should be pulling in front of your house right about...now. Don't worry. Just let the nice gentlemen in, and comply with their requests. We're your government and we are here to help. :)

DJ

***My headliner has been out of my '90 XJ for over a year; however, I'm not familiar with what you talking about. I will have another look when I get home from work tonight. Oh, and don't worry about those helicopters...they belong to us too.

Chef Robert Maner, a pix is worth a thousand words. Location of the puck: Centered side to side? Front? Rear?

We should talk. I am a long time non-commercial chef and I trained my daughter who is now a professional chef. We like to say around here for a holiday, I kill the fatted calf and have a burnt offering........with sauce and trimmings.

I bought the jeep about a 2 years ago....

the little disc is dead center about foot an a half back from the windshield
I would take a picture, but have no camera....

but there is nothing coming through the top of the roof (at least as far as I can tell, the roof has been repainted before I bought it. and there are no potrusions....)
but the thing is, The Damn Thing Leaks......which caused the rot of my old headliner.

I'm always up for touching base with other culinarians!

Stupid question....if it doesn't go through the roof, how does it leak?

Culinary_Hooligan said:
thats the thing old man...... I really dont know..
I mean there is no visible potrusion...

but during a heavy rain. you can sit and watch water pool and drip

If you have a roof rack, maybe it's mounts are leaking and wicking over? I dunno, I've had my liner off before and never saw anything like that.

Culinary_Hooligan said:
thats the thing old man...... I really dont know..
I mean there is no visible potrusion...

but during a heavy rain. you can sit and watch water pool and drip
I bet it was a old 2way radio antenna hole, and what your looking at is a magnet to cover the hole to keep the bondo in place. Pry it off and see whats under it.
You need to keep water from getting trapped under it anyway.
I bet that why it was re-painted in the first place.

Back