• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quadtrails

So here's some more pictures on board air

8u3araru.jpg
ta8yhuna.jpg

Rock lights
e3eda9u8.jpg

Intake

qumuhu4a.jpg

New driveline

su9uhe4y.jpg

At Evans Creek I managed to snap a u joint doing a clutch drop. I finally took it apart today and it bent one of the ears to the point that I had to use an die grinder to get it to come out. So it looks like its gonna sit a while until I can buy a set of alloys
4utuhuba.jpg

Had to put in a new shaft thought I'd show you guys how much easier a 30 is to deal with then a 44

New shaft cleaned off

ny2eqa2a.jpg

Shaft in

y7a4ygaj.jpg

Spindle on

y3e5ymyt.jpg

Bearings and rotor torqued to spec

a9uva3u7.jpg

Caliper

ydumamav.jpg

Hub and wheel on ready to play in the snow

banavyva.jpg

You going to carry spare u-joints this time?

ya I have one but I take out the shaft every time too. It's a 1978 f150 44 with 3/4 ton GM outers. Although this summer I am going to build a dodge unit bearing 60, I hate taking all of that apart when I could just have a 60 that comes apart similar to a jeep dana 30.

I was going to say I've never seen those rotors on a Ford axle before. Yeah it sucks taking it apart, but as you know unlocking a hub in the trail is easier than fixing it on the spot.

Last edited:
Yeah that's true. But you could unlock and drive home without taking it apart, With unit bearings your fixing it on the spot. That's why I haven't gone to drive flanges. But you guys typicly fix your stuff out there on the trail, I like fixing my crap in a warm garage.

Took it up in the snow and it did great I'm itching to get back up there. I didn't even break a shaft!!! Had to use duct tape to keep the plug wires from leaking electricity. So I grabbed a new set from napa that ill throw on it tomorrow.
jede5upa.jpg

8e8ahu2y.jpg

aza8e2u6.jpg

juva6y9u.jpg

So after using my rear shocks as bump stops for a year it was time to fix my shock mounting. The skinner boys were generous enough to let me use their forklift to measure for shock mounting height. Then I bent two hoops and put a cross bar between. Dustin was appalled by my haste and "just winging" everything but 4 hours later I have my shocks in with room for up travel. Ill post some better pics in the morning.
4aduma5y.jpg

I'm planning on doing an Elbe trip after the summer. Alloys for the front are getting ordered in one week!!! In the month I was gone Whitney and I closed on 2 acres in woodland that we are building on. So money is going to be tight till the house is done. So not much function till then.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Quadtrails

I'm planning on doing an Elbe trip after the summer. Alloys for the front are getting ordered in one week!!! In the month I was gone Whitney and I closed on 2 acres in woodland that we are building on. So money is going to be tight till the house is done. So not much function till then.

Congrats on the land and the house.

Back