• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

protesters at g20???

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
I saw a quick clip on the news, but they didn't know what they were doing and havent shown anything...

There was a bunch of people wearing all black with their faces covered holding up signs...\\\

Anyone know whats going on over there?

Wait, let me clear this up, lol

The police are using pepper spray and tear gas.

The protesters are causing a scene and rolling the dumpsters and trying to disturb the summit.

tear gas isn't so bad, kinda burns your face if you have not shaved recently. I had some of the residue stuck in the creases of my BDUs after I went through the gas house. When I got some sinus cungestion I would go huff on my BDU's.

Are the protesters riding the dumpsters too, or are they just pushing them down the hill? They could be missing out

tear gas isn't so bad, kinda burns your face if you have not shaved recently. I had some of the residue stuck in the creases of my BDUs after I went through the gas house. When I got some sinus cungestion I would go huff on my BDU's.

Are the protesters riding the dumpsters too, or are they just pushing them down the hill? They could be missing out

Yah - more an annoyance than anything else, as long as you can get your mask set.

Riding dumpsters isn't much fun. Riding tractor tyres down a hill is a blast! Especially when you go into a river at the end.

(Then again, tractor tyres aren't anywhere near as noisy as dumpsters, so that explains that. Perhaps shopping buggies would be more fun than dumpsters, while still being noisy?)

I just realized this typo - tear gas burns your face and neck if you have shaved recently.

not really important, but i thought I would correct it

Yah - more an annoyance than anything else, as long as you can get your mask set.

Riding dumpsters isn't much fun. Riding tractor tyres down a hill is a blast! Especially when you go into a river at the end.

(Then again, tractor tyres aren't anywhere near as noisy as dumpsters, so that explains that. Perhaps shopping buggies would be more fun than dumpsters, while still being noisy?)
Shopping buggies are great fun, you just have to stand on the back and lean as far forward over them as you can if you want to be able to jump off and, say, not die. Bailing at 20mph and hitting the ground sprinting can hurt but not as bad as flipping and landing on your head.

It really ruins your day when the front wheels hit a giant crack in the road or a storm drain though. Ow.

Tear gas works wonders when it comes to clearing one's sinuses. I couldn't get my mask on quickly enough in boot camp so I opened my eyes real quick and took a breath then got the mask settled.

Yeah, I know kinda defeats the purpose of the training.

Tear gas works wonders when it comes to clearing one's sinuses. I couldn't get my mask on quickly enough in boot camp so I opened my eyes real quick and took a breath then got the mask settled.

Yeah, I know kinda defeats the purpose of the training.

not really, the only real purpose of that training is to show you that the mask does work. If you didn't run out coughing it worked

Well that and to make sure you can put it on in a contaminated environment without getting whatever nerve gas they're using in your eyes or inhaled. :) I failed that portion, but passed in that things were much more comfortable in there after I got my mask on.

I was wondering if this would pop up here..

I spent all day following crowds of protesters yesterday and took lots of pictures. The protests were in Lawrenceville, which is a neighborhood of pitt, and its only like 5 mins from my apt. There was only one instance of tear gas yesterday, mostly lots of loud speaker alarms and threats.

The people are protesting against The New World Order, and some anarchists are protesting against capatalism in general. Some people have different ideas about different stuff.

Last night it got out of hand, and there were a lot of businesses that had windows busted out near the U Pitt Campus from protests... which is all walking distance from me. I wasnt there, but the news said about 42 people got arrested, there was lots of gas and a few people got hurt pretty badly.

Actually right this moment there is another big protest going on!! My GF just got back from walking down there to check it out and said she started getting scared so she came back. Aparently its getting pretty physical, lots of gas getting thrown around. She said there are military humvees driving around with soldiers hanging off and jumping into the crowd to control them. They are now protesting about the way the cops overreacted last night, on top of the usual stuff. I've heard the police helicopter outside for like the last 5 hours or so...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112049&id=504533455&l=5ae9ff77cf

Hannity had two of the girls who were protesting on tonight, and they looked absolutly retarded.

Hannity: So you hate capitolism, but you don't want the Govt to have the power either
Girl 1: Yes, more people need to have access to the wealth that capitolism does not allow
Hannity: So without having the Govt to force people to give it up how would you accomplish this?
Girl 2: You are not listening! we would tax them!

Hannity::dunno:

Back