• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prop 8 & others

Throughout history laws have been based on morality, which is based on religion. I know some people will argue against this ad nauseam. Whatever. :speepin:

I say we take away the benefits from being married and then see where the gays stand.
You mean kick government out of what is purely a religious covenant? Separate church and state? Are you mad? You know, though, IF Prop 8 had been defeated and the gays and the state we then able to tell me what my religion had to remove from its Torah it wouldn't have been the end of it. I figure their next move would be to sue god for discrimination because a man and a woman were able to procreate wholly between themselves and they couldn't. You see, they were being denied one of the rights that marriage was intended for right from the beginning.

It’s ironic that this is a group that by and large voted for Obama and will tell you in a heartbeat “get over it, support him because that’s what the people voted for. At the same time they are all out marching in the streets protesting an issue that was decided by the exact same bunch of voters.

Maybe it's just me but I don't get it.

Back