• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

You might have a nipple on there.from my reading it's usually drilled half way. If I install this the pressure sensor will be sticking out the side of the oil pan.

Oh right. Extra op sensor. I just used the stock one.

I'd expect almost anything sticking out to hit your headers. Measure carefully is all I can suggest. I had very little room.

How well does the stock pan work in this swap? Starting on my 5.3 XJ swap project and trying to be sure I have all the right parts before I start ripping stuff apart. I'm going to use a 241C, I was thinking of using a D300 but have heard there are driveline clearance issues with the D300's.

How well does the stock pan work in this swap? Starting on my 5.3 XJ swap project and trying to be sure I have all the right parts before I start ripping stuff apart. I'm going to use a 241C, I was thinking of using a D300 but have heard there are driveline clearance issues with the D300's.
858de70ad4c52a34b9742e97086ca283.jpg
2a5cc48663f5348cde9ff2a55470c278.jpg

Depends on lift, motor mounts, and axle location. With 6" lift and my front axle pushed forward an inch, I've got tonnes of clearance. I wish I'd not bought the Novak motor mounts as I could've mounted it 2-3" lower easily, using the stock truck pan.

Sweet, thanks for the photo. I forgot to add I'm going to run an LS1 intake and injectors too, hopefully to avoid the giant hood scoop. And before its said, with all this new hp I could give a crap about loss of low end torque, I'm not building a tow rig here right? Carry on.

Based on those photos I could not use the adapter for the oil pressure. The exhaust is tight between the oil filter.

Mocked up the radiator (need to work on some mounts). It will move up about 3-4" from where it sits. When it's done, the upper cross piece should be right on top of the radiator. I just cut the front frame about half way so the radiator can be moved as far forward as possible.
F65F2287-6FA0-4913-814A-F3DAC0D3C216_zps9ftslgeo.jpg

Based on those photos I could not use the adapter for the oil pressure. The exhaust is tight between the oil filter.

Mocked up the radiator (need to work on some mounts). It will move up about 3-4" from where it sits. I just cut the front frame about half way so the radiator can be moved as far forward as possible.
F65F2287-6FA0-4913-814A-F3DAC0D3C216_zps9ftslgeo.jpg

Jesus Christ! How much lift you got going on there?

I must have missed it... is that a 231j?

Added RTV to the adapters like everyone suggested
79CC17D6-3360-4DCD-A674-A2F891C57336_zps74dhyoji.jpg

Added some on the internal mating surface as well
F871F39B-972E-4088-82AC-CEF0B4176415_zpsepfhg9bf.jpg

.011" clearance. The sensor was REALLY loose in the hole and not 100% seated. I added some RTV to the o-ring. Hopefully it works.
327EC162-17D3-4D58-89F6-5138CAE85E13_zps2epo6bvf.jpg

I'm going to wait and install the transfer case closer to when it gets installed
8B57A769-0FF2-4F9F-A5A5-8129A076FDAF_zpsypfzrqfo.jpg

I also tried searching for torque specs. Adapter to trans I torqued to 35ftlbs (seems not tight enough to me). Couldn't torque the adapter plate nuts because there isn't enough space.

Now I just need to figure out how to install the coolant temp sensor and oil pressure sensor. After seeing the above photos I'm not sure if the adapter I posted would work. I might have to find one of the block off plates with the elbow.

I'll probably order fuel system sometime this weekend. Going with a Walbro 255 in tank pump with corvette regulator/filter (LS swap kit from Speedway motors). This sounds like the easiest thing to do.

Amazon is the easiest, fastest, and cheapest. As far as I know. All off the shelf stock products.
Yea I try to use Amazon for everything. My wife is employed by an Amazon owned:paperwork company so I have to keep her employed!!!

Also, damn your swap is clean.
Thanks. I'm hoping to get somewhere close to JeremyB's swap, without extending all the wires and stuff.

Just ordered all my fuel system and trans cooler system.

Fuel Pump
Regulator/Filter/Fittings
Trans Cooler
AN Fittings:
-6 AN Bulkhead Fittings x2 (for fuel Pump) - $10
-6 AN Male to 1/4 NTP x 2 (connecting radiator oil cooler to lines) - $6
-6 AN Male to 1/2 NTP x 2 (Connecting lines to external trans cooler) - $10
45 degree -6 AN female to Hose end x 3 (for transmission in/out lines and fuel rail) - $41
90 degree -6 AN female to Hose end x6 (x2 fuel pump bulkhead to regulator, x2 radiator cooler to external cooler, x2 external cooler) - $85
-6 AN female to Hose end X4 (x3 at fuel pump x1 extra) - $20
-6 AN female to 3/8" barb ( for inside fuel pump) - $10
-6 AN Braided Stainless 40' - $150
Submersible fuel hose 24" - $40 (EEK!)
-6 AN wrench x2 - $20
1/4 NPS to -6 AN x2 (transmission adapter) - $10

Grand Total: $665

This should be everything that I need for the fuel system. I know 40' of AN hose is probably overkill, but i've never worked with it before and I'd like some "mess up" pieces

Last edited:
Back