• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Yo guys,

So for the fuel level sensor I need to get it wired in. I'm thinking this should work well.

The GM sensor is F: 40 ohms and E: 250. My Jeep sensor is F: 20 ohms and E: 270.

That means I should be able to wire in the GM wire to the Jeep sensor. The GM computer will think it's overfilled and SUPER bare empty right? Will this mess with the Jeep sensor because there's another wire in the loop??

That means I should be able to wire in the GM wire to the Jeep sensor. The GM computer will think it's overfilled and SUPER bare empty right? Will this mess with the Jeep sensor because there's another wire in the loop??
Yes, the GM ecu will read incorrect, but the GM ecu wont throw codes. All it needs the level sensor for is to determine when to run EVAP monitor. You should be good with this plan...you may have to use some diodes to not mess up the Jeep gauge though, I guess there is only one way to find out.

Also, couldn't find that article on the TAC module but I do remember reading it somewhere, I deleted the link awhile back. I think FrankZ had that problem and documented it in his build thread but don't quote me on that.

No worries. My new pedal and TAC should be here tomorrow.

Just to confirm I understand. A diode prevents voltage from flowing a certain direction. So I'd put the diode on the GM wire where I connect it to the jeep wire?

Just to confirm I understand. A diode prevents voltage from flowing a certain direction. So I'd put the diode on the GM wire where I connect it to the jeep wire?

Yes, you are correct. I think you would need to face the silver stripe towards ground so towards the GM harness to prevent any back feeding. You can get diodes on amazon for under $5 shipped for a pack of 20. Very useful when mating two vehicle harness together and avoiding voltage back feed problems.

5 wires run from the back to the front (and I actually used different colors!). 3 for the tank pressure sensor and 2 for the EVAP Vent valve. I'm going to pull it all back out and wrap/loom it

Back