• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Unicorn - a light duty trail rig

Well interesting update to come. You'll need to wait until I have more time to post it but here are some fun teasers. This could literally not happen to anyone else alive, only my luck is this bad.

20210521_105431-me.jpg

20210527_105112-me.jpg

Well interesting update to come. You'll need to wait until I have more time to post it but here are some fun teasers. This could literally not happen to anyone else alive, only my luck is this bad.

20210521_105431-me.jpg

20210527_105112-me.jpg

I had something like that happen 40yrs ago but it was even worse with "barbwire"!

Dang.

I take it that plastic managed to take out your parking brake cable.

What a mess.

I have had to extract stray plastic bags from U-joints, but nothing that bad.

Last I was in Kali in noted that instead of the lightweight plastic bags drifting across the highway they had the new, "re-usable" (read thicker plastic) bags drifting across the highway. Is that still the situation? Or did Covid help with that?

Cal this is what you get for driving over those not installed parts wrapped in plastic....

All jokes aside sorry for that issue. I've had that happen with barbed wire, weeds, and my personal favorite my own wiring harness....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am so sorry to hear that... That's plum depressing... Here's to better luck starting now!!! 🍻🍺

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Atlas. He can carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, but takes a licking from a sheet of plastic.

Dang that is a lot of work.

My condolences.

"Alright Paul, now for the rest of the story"!

I am going to guess a large piece of trash blowing across a SoCal freeway. Just the wrong timing and no safe path to avoid it.

SoCal freeways are full of all sorts of interesting objects.

Plastic bags are most common. Ladders are probably next. Furniture and lumber get worked in for variety.

Had anyone told me plastic would have been that vindictive and destructive we would have had a long and colorful discussion over it.

That is just painful to look at. From thousands of miles, I feel depressed and beat.

Hang on in there Cal,...I know you would rise over it. :patriot:

That looked like a nasty job, Cal. If it happened on the road, I don't suppose you could get a few bucks out of DOT for your trouble, can you?

I am going to guess a large piece of trash blowing across a SoCal freeway. Just the wrong timing and no safe path to avoid it.

SoCal freeways are full of all sorts of interesting objects.

Plastic bags are most common. Ladders are probably next. Furniture and lumber get worked in for variety.

I don't know - I'd think with what lumber prices are like these days, people are probably being more careful with their wood scraps at the moment...

That looked like a nasty job, Cal. If it happened on the road, I don't suppose you could get a few bucks out of DOT for your trouble, can you?

LOL they would either laugh, not answer, or tell me to call my insurance company.

which wouldn't be worth the claim. parts and deductible are about equal and unlikely they would pay for my labor.

LOL they would either laugh, not answer, or tell me to call my insurance company.

which wouldn't be worth the claim. parts and deductible are about equal and unlikely they would pay for my labor.

Ah .

Back