• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "The Gray Goose"

I got all that done in the last 3 months not the last few hrs. Now that I'm working full time, I underdtand Zachandandy's problem. 11 hr days with an hour commute each way on top of the work day gives very little desire or time to work on the rig.

Last night I worked on it for 4 hours and only got the steering tightened, and one shaft/caliper put in. I'm not the fasted, that's for sure.. Lol. Granted I had to install and remove it 3 times plus steal a shaft from the other jeep bc the unit bearing wouldn't come apart on the shaft that I put in the axle.

Last night I worked on it for 4 hours and only got the steering tightened, and one shaft/caliper put in. I'm not the fasted, that's for sure.. Lol. Granted I had to install and remove it 3 times plus steal a shaft from the other jeep bc the unit bearing wouldn't come apart on the shaft that I put in the axle.

:laugh: Every time I have a project on the heep I go thru it all in my mind and tell my wife it'll take something like an hour...4 hours later she's asking if I'll ever get done...:laugh: If only things went as smoothly in real life as they do in my mind.

:laugh: Every time I have a project on the heep I go thru it all in my mind and tell my wife it'll take something like an hour...4 hours later she's asking if I'll ever get done...:laugh: If only things went as smoothly in real life as they do in my mind.

Me too. The "10 minute" things turn into an hour , the hour things turn into like 4 hours, and big projects turn into weeks....

ok, started working on the 93 2 door and I have a stupid question. The supply line at the fuel rail should connect to the regulator side and the other connection point should be the return; correct?? Somehow it seems my lines got swapped (return is connected to the regulator) and fuel is going through what i would expect to be the return connection.

If I am right about this, that would explain the jeep wanting to die when I give it any sort of throttle (flooding the engine) but what it doesn't explain is how I was able to drive it around my neighborhood with no issues 6 months ago. The connection points at the rail are different sizes otherwise I would just swap them and call it good. I'm just so confused bc I haven't touched the fuel lines except to change the pump and I have already confirmed the pump supply line goes to the fuel filter.

I'm so confused and could use some insight.

Dude thats wierd

ok, started working on the 93 2 door and I have a stupid question. The supply line at the fuel rail should connect to the regulator side and the other connection point should be the return; correct?? Somehow it seems my lines got swapped (return is connected to the regulator) and fuel is going through what i would expect to be the return connection.

If I am right about this, that would explain the jeep wanting to die when I give it any sort of throttle (flooding the engine) but what it doesn't explain is how I was able to drive it around my neighborhood with no issues 6 months ago. The connection points at the rail are different sizes otherwise I would just swap them and call it good. I'm just so confused bc I haven't touched the fuel lines except to change the pump and I have already confirmed the pump supply line goes to the fuel filter.

I'm so confused and could use some insight.

sounds like you have some gnomes in your jeep changing stuff up!

So kind of an update.....

12108203_10153751987664078_2955883292142501431_n.jpg

So as a few of you know, I have bought my first house and have been swamped with work and the move. I have not driven my jeep since Reno and while driving it over to the new place i got crazy death wobble at anything over 25mph. Luckily it started happening after I had exited the freeway less than a mile from the new house.

I have not had time to dig into what is causing it yet because I still need to get my stock jeep over (probably renting a U-haul) and get the new place organized which may take some time.

So wish me luck with the new house and all the fun that comes with it. :gee:

Congrats dude !

Ok, Update time...

I think I traced down the Death wobble issues today. Its going to be this wallowed out UCA axle mount or a worn out steering box... I hope. All other bolts seem to be tight. Torqued down the steering box bolts and still had bad wobble. SO any suggestions on a replacement mount without going with a full truss?

12743897_10154028940824078_6730673547771485321_n.jpg

Just out of curiosity, did you check all of the mounting bolts for the control arm drop brackets?

I bet its your trackbar .

I drove the mj home from SF with one of my uppers totally fubar . You still have one good upper. Its something else. Probably trackbar related

Seal- I did not check those today

I could have sworn that I checked all of my trackbar bolts and they were all tight...

Worn bushings joints or tres of the tracbar can still have tight bolts. Get someone to move the steering for you with the engine running and the brakes applied. It puts all of the front steering joints into stress. Get under there and watch it cycle. Stare at every joint and mount. You will find whats moving.

This^^

ok, I had my neighbor turn the wheel with the jeep off but nothing moved in the steering. All of my TREs had no play but my steering wheel had a clunk in it before the tires would move.

Ill have it running tomorrow and have someone come over and turn the wheel for me.

Last edited:
Back