• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Olive Drab

So, do i paint the new rig OD?! Damn You SeeingSpots..

ZJwork006_zpsd53c28bc.jpg

pic2012001.jpg

Not just yet...

Looking good brother!

Not just yet...

Looking good brother!

Hey Stranger!

DO IT!!!!! :) :cheers:

Bastard..

Go ahead, but start a new thread, Project Olive Drab II..... The original was a good looking project, too bad about it's fate. Hopefully the next gen will fare better.

OK.. here ya go.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1061371&highlight=thought+i'd+share

Truth be told i was tired of the XJ thing for awhile before i started the cleanup, although i did have renewed interest for awhile it eventually got old again. So far i dig the ZJ for the most part... much roomier.

I loved the build, gave me many idea's for my XJ. Then you CUT IT UP! No offense, but WTF? I have done extensive rust repairs on my XJ, would have gladly taken it off your hands than seeing the shell destroyed.

I loved the build, gave me many idea's for my XJ. Then you CUT IT UP! No offense, but WTF? I have done extensive rust repairs on my XJ, would have gladly taken it off your hands than seeing the shell destroyed.

The spirit of John's OD XJ lives on through my project. :)

Last edited:

Chassis was up for sale... nobody stepped up.

I wasnt interested in continuing chasing rust.

Lookin' good Spots! Needs some Realtree..

Chassis was up for sale... nobody stepped up.

I wasnt interested in continuing chasing rust.

Lookin' good Spots! Needs some Realtree..

I'm getting there my man. Still have a LONG list of items that includes a 4-link kit and new tires.

Do you need a kidney by chance? I'm selling off mine to pay for this thing. lol

Seeing...
How is the paint on the door handles holding up ??

Curt

Really well. I used a Alkyd Hardener and increased the reducer/paint ratio for each coat (I have 6 coats on it). I also etched the handles with my sandblaster prior to painting.

If you ever spray this paint, PM me and I can give you the specifics on how I did it.

Really well. I used a Alkyd Hardener and increased the reducer/paint ratio for each coat (I have 6 coats on it). I also etched the handles with my sandblaster prior to painting.

If you ever spray this paint, PM me and I can give you the specifics on how I did it.

Thanks for the insight...

Curt

So since you're from the philadelphia area, did you ever find a local supplier for the paint, or did you have to order it online?

Nevermind, i just seen that the place was in levitown.

Last edited:
Back