• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

Damn, that does look cool.

Coulda/woulda/shoulda......... If I'd have cut farther back into the bed, I could have put the tail gate into the back of the bed as the back rest. It's too shallow as it is now to do that..... but I was wanting to make something that looks like the truck from behind, then drop the tail gate for a place to sit......

Meh, we'll see how this turns out. I have the bed front panel from another truck that I intend to use as the "back" of this piece. Then I'll get some foam to cover and use as seat padding that folds up with the tail gate and not seen until the tail gate is opened.

Took a couple of years but I was able to finally find and buy one of these elusive Stroh's Comanche hat pins! :yelclap:

IMG_20160114_142121694_zpscaoyu4th.jpg

Ebay

Crap........ the obsession will continue as I'm now aware there's a SET of these I'll need to collect now....... :banghead:

:D

412085663.jpg

Jeebus... Yous got issues mang. :D

Damn it Troy! I just wasted over an hour of my life surfing for vintage Stroh's stuff! I grew up outside of Detroit and now I have to have a sign for my garage!
:D

Sold the Dakota R/T so I could focus back on my MJ's.

The raceTruck desperately needed new tires. 245/50/16 BFG G-Force Sport Comp-2.

Needed a new battery too after it's 2 year slumber in storage.

Alignment tomorrow.

Gotta replace a leaking t-stat housing gasket, a temperamental TPS that is causing hesitation and surging on acceleration from idle, install the cold air intake I have for it, then see what all else it's gonna need to be a reliable driver. I'll work on actual race mods sometime after it's driving good and reliably.

IMG_20160519_144056330_HDR_zpsuxk2ghom.jpg

IMG_20160519_144212045_HDR_zpsvtdxexyn.jpg

This popped up on Pinterest recently.......... This is where I see mine going someday...... if it doesn't sell.

39fc7c75f5abea1f7087fac885dceeba_zpsbadkzhjp.jpg

Back