• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project New Gen Comanche

Saw a white 86 Comanche long bed with 70k miles on it. The guy bought it new in 86, and has garaged it ever since. It was pristine.

Nice truck, decent price for a solid, straight 2wd. But...... I don't need a 9th MJ....... :looney:

My driveway this morning......... :D

IMG_20150403_104621163_HDR_zpsmjuck75u.jpg

IMG_20150403_104638591_HDR_zpsvaswatrs.jpg

Which one is #8? :laugh:

I'm guessing you're asking about the red chief? Engine work is still pending. I did find some NICE tan XJ buckets to use to re-skin the nasty seats, and a full center console. Also replaced the bashed up tailgate with a nice one in red.

Let one go yesterday. My '90 Eliminator. Arguably the best truck I had, on it's way to Iowa. New owner will be doing a rotisserie resto/mod. 3" and 31's in it's future.

IMG_20150507_172937834_HDR_zpsaq55kerc.jpg

Might have another gone before the weekend is over.

Wow, enclosed transport!? He probably paid more for the delivery than the truck!

When it arrives in Iowa, he'll have $3400 invested.

Shaddup G, you're a jerk.

Yeah, I don't believe the new owner looked for a transporter specifically for enclosed trailer. Just worked out that way. That trailer isn't truly set up to haul vehicles. The way he anchored it down was kinda sketchy - to the cargo strap links on the walls, no anchors to the floor.

But apparently it worked. It arrived in Iowa no worse for the wear this morning.

FYI, I went to look at that yesterday.

Its originally a 4 banger, that the PO did a 4.0 swap into. It has dual wiring harnesses as the guy who did the swap kept both.

So its now a 4.0 with what I think is the Pukegoat 5 speed manual, with a D35 rear end.

Guys that have it now are some sort of dealership, seem to flip Jeeps. They have taken a couple parts off the Jeep, distributor and TPS to name a couple that popped out right away. Also missing tail lights, and all interior parts minus dash and seats. Seats look to be XJ two door seats.

He told me lowest he would go is $1k, not sure if its worth that or not. Body was originally white, was spray bombed some sort of gold/tan color.

grr i wanted that one troy

You and about 10 others....... Took a guy from Iowa to pony up the cabbage.

It's going to a GREAT new owner. The guy is a police Sgt. He has a 60x108 sq ft shop built onto his 4 car garage. He's a mustang nut - he has rotisserie restored 13 Police Package Mustangs, all complete with decals and emergency equipment - says they're 1 of every year Ford made the Police package Mustangs. He's also got a 2012 GT 500 and some expensive Ducati motorcycle.

He's finished his own Cherokee, now moving onto the MJ which will get the same rotisserie restoration.

You can see some of the mustangs in the background........ and one SAWEEET shop space..... hate that guy.

IMG950441_zpsnwld685w.jpg

Grabbed a massively janky '89 4 banger 2wd MJ for $200. Not much good on it except the back side......

Will be making a drop-down tail gate bench out of it. :thumbup:

IMG_20151124_095821978_zpsqunwcgne.jpg

IMG_20151124_095902348_zpscoerz486.jpg

IMG_20151124_095947321_zps75jhqgos.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'd kill for a chassis that clean out here :(

Too bad money to ship it out this way is above my budget.

Yeah, it's a shame how many rust-free trucks I've scrapped. Would love to see them get snatched up by you easterly positioned MJ freaks.

This one wasn't that nice. Rusty floors and hard hit up front, shade-tree fixed and banged up again. Didn't feel bad at all crushing this one.

Make sure and post pics when you're done. I really want to make a couple of those for my fire pit in the back yard. One on the fence and one on the shed would be awesome.

Back