• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Low Wagon

You should know that means absolutely nothing. I had 9k in receipts for my '99, not counting the initial cost and I sold it for $5,500. That was over two years ago and people weren't beating down my door at that price and it was a clean rig.

I had one once that I had 10k in and sold for $7500.00 so it just depends on the area and the buyer. I knew I would get $16.5 for it but I also new what by bottom line price was so I wanted to have wiggle room for both sides.

Doesn't matter though. Spoke with Bob (the owner of T&T for those who don't know the name) yesterday and we've decided to start "buggifying" the Low Wagon so stay tuned.....:D

I always thought it was Kelley's Blue Book.

They must have changed the name to Bob's Blue Book.

Can you ask him how much mine is worth? I'd love to sell it for twice what it's really worth.

:cheers:

I always thought it was Kelley's Blue Book.

They must have changed the name to Bob's Blue Book.

Can you ask him how much mine is worth? I'd love to sell it for twice what it's really worth.

:cheers:

You could get at least $14,800.

and who the hell is Bob?!

Bob's the owner of T&T but who said I asked him for the sale price? :huh:

I started at a price that was a touch high for our region knowing that I would likely have to work down some. In the Rocky Mountain region it's really not that far off base. A good friend of mine bought his LJ in Florida cause it was $5k cheaper than buying a similar one in Colorado. I used to work with a guy who was looking to buy a TJ Rubicon, again he shopped back east cause they were $4k-$6k cheaper than those for sale here. One of our new mechanics sold his old XJ that was still leaf sprung, on 35's, lunchbox lockers and 5 years older for $11k in colorado. Just so you know that I'm not too far off my rocker :) http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2659044106.html, again it's a lesser equipped rig.

Regardless, thanks for all your great input :D, I hope you enjoy watching as the Low Wagon continues to evolve.

Last edited:
Bob's the owner of T&T but who said I asked him for the sale price? :huh:

I started at a price that was a touch high for our region knowing that I would likely have to work down some. In the Rocky Mountain region it's really not that far off base. A good friend of mine bought his LJ in Florida cause it was $5k cheaper than buying a similar one in Colorado. I used to work with a guy who was looking to buy a TJ Rubicon, again he shopped back east cause they were $4k-$6k cheaper than those for sale here. One of our new mechanics sold his old XJ that was still leaf sprung, on 35's, lunchbox lockers and 5 years older for $11k in colorado. Just so you know that I'm not too far off my rocker :) http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2659044106.html, again it's a lesser equipped rig.

Regardless, thanks for all your great input :D, I hope you enjoy watching as the Low Wagon continues to evolve.

cool im gonna start listing everything in denver now! i'll sell her xj on 35's and buy a KOH car......

Sooooooooo, I had a little too much fun at an event this weekend so I've got to re-evaluate what direction I'm going to take with the Low Wagon.

I was already going to lower the price some to better account for what body damage there is, but after Saturday...........I'll let the video do the talking :)

That will buff out

He's crazy too!

What exactly makes his a "Buggy"? Looks mostly like your bolt on parts to me. Idk.

I didn't know you could use BPEs for your doors! CL Guy - "-Custom bar pin eliminator kit for doors"

I'm with Doug. I'm listing my stuff in Denver. That way I can afford to make it a vacation to drop it off then build another one when I get back! SweeT!

Last edited:
You can not judge the value of something by it's asking price.
You have to base it on it's "sold" price.
As a full time real estate person, I have had much experience with the concept.
When comparing the price of properties it is based on the "sold and closed" number of comparable properties, not the asking price.
Show us some numbers of a few like yours that have sold, than you will have a baseline price.

I can ask any price I want for an item, it's true value is what someone, sane and reasonable, will pay you for it.

Any one want to buy a very nice 5 bedroom 4 bathroom home in a quite neighborhood in an quite suburb, asking price is $275,000.00.
Now the guy's house across the street looks like a steal at $178,000.00.

You can not judge the value of something by it's asking price.
You have to base it on it's "sold" price.
As a full time real estate person, I have had much experience with the concept.
When comparing the price of properties it is based on the "sold and closed" number of comparable properties, not the asking price.
Show us some numbers of a few like yours that have sold, than you will have a baseline price.

I can ask any price I want for an item, it's true value is what someone, sane and reasonable, will pay you for it.

Any one want to buy a very nice 5 bedroom 4 bathroom home in a quite neighborhood in an quite suburb, asking price is $275,000.00.
Now the guy's house across the street looks like a steal at $178,000.00.

Afirm on this.

As a commercial appraiser, I often find myself asking what people are smoking when it comes to their asking price...Did they not even look at the property down the road to get their asking price in the ballgame. Occasionally you do see someone bite at an unreasonably high asking price...Usually chalks up to the buyer also not looking at the property right down the road. Unreasonable asking prices and unreasonable selling prices are usually the result of uninformed parties...creating outliers in the pool of market transactions. These do not constitute the market.

Also, in today's market, cost almost always never equals value...tis the case with most assets in the market today. Now five years ago, when the world was good, and we all had extra money, value was often higher than the costs. If this jeep would have been posted for sale in 2005, I bet offers would have been made relatively close to the asking price.

I actually had a jeep that is very similarly built to this, but after looking at the what was being offered on the market, I knew that I would not even be able to get $6k for it...So I parted it out and am starting from scratch. Ultimately, you have to consider whats been sold and how much inventory (competition) is out there.

Back