• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Florida Crawler 2

picked up a 12' piece of 2x6 for my sliders. also my front stiffeners showed up. and i bent up some front shock hoops.

so i tore down the front end and cut out the inner fenders. and cut out a good portion of the inner fender. after the shocks are mounted ill end up re-skinning the inner fenders.

Friggin killer build. My pants are wet.... :DWhy not just get offset tre from ruffstuff for the diff cover clearance?
Thanks,

Didnt really want to run TREs, but if i need to much grinding on the cover ill probably end up putting a small bend in the center link. Well see after i can actual cycle the steering fully

Not to much done this morning besides i finished cutting out the driver side inner fender and made up some templates for the axle side shock mounts. They will be cut out of 1/4" steel. i wanted something that would tie the truss into the C's, and i think these will work out well

Cut the brackets out, still need to do a little more shaping but they should do the trick .

there are rocks in florida? :dunce:

Im really liking this build, im impressed how far up you tucked the driveline, im definitely going to keep an eye on this. looks fantastic, great job so far!

there are rocks in florida? :dunce:

Im really liking this build, im impressed how far up you tucked the driveline, im definitely going to keep an eye on this. looks fantastic, great job so far!

thanks.
theres a few old rock quarrys near here. but i plan to do a little more out of state wheeling with this build.

thanks.

hopefully tomorrow morning the assembly process will begin and i can knock out the front and start my work on the rear.

did some suspension cycling to see if i was going to have any contact issues any where. so far it appears everything clears and doesn't bind, even the driveshaft which I'm excited about.

overall, everything is a very tight fit. but with the hydraulic stop in the shocks i think ill be ok

this is the clearance when the shock start to hit the last 3/4 of the internal bump. and when its fully compressed there is about 1/4" of space between the oil pan and truss.

suspension at 3/4" before 100% bump

got the hoops all tacked in.

it all fits under the hood

while i was working on the front, a buddy started on the rear fenders for me. The plan for this is to be able to stuff a 37" tire (with room for a future 40) up into the body a good distance and not have to screw with tubbing around the rear seat like i did on my last XJ.

this is just the initial cut, it will get rounded out and cleaned up as i start building and cycling the rear suspension.

he also removed those sidesteps that were on the jeep and started cutting out the factory rockers.

and finally i picked up a 3/4ton dodge master cylinder. ill need to play around with my front hoop some to make it fit.

I really really hope not. But, if that happens i imagine my hoops and mounts would have also failed

What about the deflection of your engine mounts? If you're doing something where the front end is gunna stuff like that, the front axle may stop traveling upwards but what's to stop the engine from traveling downwards? I've seen a couple people that have left much more clearance then you at full bump only to have contact issues.

Back