• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project EE-Z YJ

Suspension seats will have direct cage mounting, just waiting for them to show up.

We will NOT be getting into rollcage stuff. This is just for the one Jeep, to protect with trail rolls, which should never be too serious as we won't be pushing it too hard.

Okay update time.

Finally have the cage all tacked up and ready to let Joe loose with a welder to make it all pretty. Also got the Twisted Stitch seats put in. I'll still have to add the tabs to mount my 4 points when they get here, but that can be done toward the end.

Also, we picked out the color for the Jeep and had the beadlocks painted. Yeah that paints not gonna last long, haha!

yj-seats-cage2.jpg

yj-seats-cage1.jpg

yj-seats-cage3.jpg

yj-seats-cage4.jpg

yj-seats-cage5.jpg

yj-seats-cage6.jpg

You can't tell in the picture but when I looked at them earlier, the wheels looked almost pink. Is that the color its gonna be?

You should get your eyes checked, you may have gone colorblind. There's no pink. It's a dark red color with a slight metallic to it. Side by side with the current Jeep color it's very similar only a touch darker.

It's Salmon A-holes... :D

She's looking good.

What's with all of these XJ guys building YJs? First John, now JR, and Jeremy has one in the works too.

It's almost like there's a benefit to a full-frame and no sheet metal and glass box-thingy....:D

The cage is now officially done (except for seatbelt mounts). As much as possible was welded in the Jeep, and now its sitting upside down in Joe's welding booth getting the rest done.

Now Joey and I are gonna tackle the suspension.

Hmmm...you may be on to something there. ;)

Although, I might have another wagon someday for light family wheeling and camping.

There are definitely advantages to both, which is why I haven't sold one or the other of mine. :D had the CJ out at Reiter last weekend and greatly enjoyed the worry-free tree-stuffing aspect of it. Also played around in the rock garden much more than I would have with the XJ.

How goes your project, Effin' Jerry? Making good progress, maiden voyage planned any time soon? Give us an update. If you have some pics collected, start a thread on it. :)

Jason, the Jeep is looking good! Say hi to Joe for me.

How goes your project, Effin' Jerry? Making good progress, maiden voyage planned any time soon? Give us an update. If you have some pics collected, start a thread on it. :)

Progress is slow, but in month or two I should be pretty far along, and I'll throw up some pictures. There is a build thread I started on PNW, but so far I only have the rear axle in.

/endhijack

Jason, the Jeep is looking good! Say hi to Joe for me.

Thanks, will do.

The suspension fun has started. I got the front axle out today, ordered some brackets (was easier than making them, haha), and started cutting off factory mounts. I'll get some pictures on Monday, the camera battery died.

Here's some updates, me and Joe been going crazy.

Got all the suspension out from under it, stripped brackets off of the frame, separated the fenders from the inner wells (so I can re-use the inners), sent the inners, battery tray, belly skid, and sway bar to powder coat, started cleaning up the axles, and then I started prototyping some new fenders.

yj-fenders1.jpg

yj-fenders3.jpg

yj-fenders4.jpg

yj-fenders5.jpg

yj-fenders8.jpg

yj-fenders9.jpg

yj-fenders13.jpg

yj-fenders14.jpg

yj-fenders15.jpg

yj-fenders16.jpg

yj-fenders17.jpg

yj-fenders18.jpg