• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone looking for a Wrangler YJ project?

cheapcherokee93

<----boat-manche
Theres a guy in Whittier with a red YJ he's looking to sell. i was going to buy it but realized its going to require more time than i have. i talked to the owner and looked at it, here is what i know:

1990 Jeep Wrangler
red in color, faded
2.5 TBI, was running "a little rough" before parked
5 speed
np231
manual steering
missing front driveshaft
no key
ghetto rigged headlight switch
no stereo
turn signal lever on steering column is missing
body is fairly straight except for the rear swing out tail gate thing is stuck closed and dented inward.
been sitting outside for around 2 years with no top
non-op registration, title in hand
comes with 5 extra matching wheels, on mismatched worn out tires
comes with bikini top for newer wrangler (doesnt fit this one)
no top
no carpet

he wants $750 firm

sorry i forgot to take pics while i looked at it. the story is he broke the only key he had for it so he parked it and 2 years later, here he is trying to sell it. He posted it on craigslist for $750 but was overwhelmed by interest so he took it down. i was going to pick it up but talked myself out of it because of all the work its going to need. if seriously interested, PM me and i can get you in contact with him

dont hate. find me an external slave cylinder AX-15, im not gonna bother with the internal.
or the bell housing swap :p

y6ypesum.jpg
y2yneje2.jpg
desepa8e.jpg
qa4y4agy.jpg

bought it :)

I had bought some tires from Cheapcherokee93 a couple months ago. I contacted him about the YJ he had posted for the guy and he gave me his #. I called the guy 2 Fridays ago, he told me to call him next weekend that he was going to be gone that weekend. I said ok call you Saturday and left my number. I called him this Sat. morning and he told me he sold it! So much for character! Oh well congrats, hope it works out for you!

Last edited:
nice! congrats on the new moneypit :D

you're welcome ;)
you have no idea lol

I had bought some tires from Cheapcherokee93 a couple months ago. I contacted him about the YJ he had posted for the guy and he gave me his #. I called the guy 2 Fridays ago, he told me to call him next weekend that he was going to be gone that weekend. I said ok call you Saturday and left my number. I called him this Sat. morning and he told me he sold it! So much for character! Oh well congrats, hope it works out for you!
sorry bud i have been after it for a month, daily texts etc. ill sell it to ya if ya want :D

Hey i got a hard top and doors for that thing over here. I am wanting 400 for all of it.All glass is good in the top and doors.You would have to paint the doors to match your jeep.
003-3.jpg

It does have this bad corner on it.Thats the only problem with it i have seen.
005-1.jpg

Let me know.

Last edited:
Kayle, what is it with you and 4cyl toneboxes?

If you want a honda, just get one man

price was to good to walk away from.

he should do a V8 swap. at least thats what i would have done with it. good luck getting it smog legal though...

swap to much work, smog will be no problemo!

You got it fair n square I was just congarts on a good buy for you whether you keep it or resell it! I hope you do well either way sincerely good luck. Keep us informed of the progress!
thanks boss! still fighting the exhaust manifold leak and yesterday it lost the clutch slave cylinder. now i have 2 jeeps w bad slave cylinders...grr... sad thing is the cheapest i can find for the xj is $80 and for the yj $52

Hey i got a hard top and doors for that thing over here. I am wanting 400 for all of it.All glass is good in the top and doors.You would have to paint the doors to match your jeep.

Let me know.
ill keep it in mind scott! thanks!

Back