• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Camo Jeep Cherokee Country!

What color should I paint the roll cage?

• Blaze Orange

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Black

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CamoJEEP.com

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to post this thread to show other Jeep fans how many modifications I've made to my 1996 Blue Jeep Cherokee Country which is now Camo. I just had a custom roll cage built and I'm about to start working on it non-stop this summer to have it ready for this hunting season and up-coming hunting shows. I also just put in two racing seats and harnesses. I wanted to switch out my V6 with a V8 and I was wondering if anyone with cherokee had done this before and what kind of suggestions they might have? I wanted to run it in the local mud boggs... hehe

Check out the progress on my Project Jeep at www.CamoJeep.com!
Do you know someone with a camo 4x4? If you do send them to www.CammoTrucks.com or www.CamoJeeps.com because memberships are FREE!

Thanks!

CamoJEEP.com said:
I wanted to post this thread to show other Jeep fans how many modifications I've made to my 1996 Blue Jeep Cherokee Country which is now Camo. I just had a custom roll cage built and I'm about to start working on it non-stop this summer to have it ready for this hunting season and up-coming hunting shows. I also just put in two racing seats and harnesses. I wanted to switch out my V6 with a V8 and I was wondering if anyone with cherokee had done this before and what kind of suggestions they might have? I wanted to run it in the local mud boggs... hehe
Check out the progress on my Project Jeep at www.CamoJeep.com!
Do you know someone with a camo 4x4? If you do send them to www.CammoTrucks.com or www.CamoJeeps.com because memberships are FREE!

Thanks!

Is Mud Boggs related to Wade Boggs in any way? I really thought he was a swell ball player.

CRASH

No offence, but I'm getting tired of this CAMO XJ this and CAMO XJ that. I think every post you have so far has only related to your site. Your starting to sound like someone who has something to sell...

CamoJEEP.com said:
...my 1996 Blue Jeep Cherokee Country...now Camo...switch out my V6 with a V8 and I was wondering if anyone with cherokee had done this before...
Shouldn't be much harder than swapping a V6 into it...

SouthernXJ said:
No offence, but I'm getting tired of this CAMO XJ this and CAMO XJ that. I think every post you have so far has only related to your site. Your starting to sound like someone who has something to sell...
I'm offended, you started trying to think and that’s where you went wrong. I'm sorry you don't like camo and I'm not really trying to sell anything yet. I have written about other topics asking for opinions on my web-site and my Camo XJ Project as I build it so people like yourself can say that you played a role in helping develop the sight I have worked so hard to build up! I have lots of topics to bring to the discussion board to help share my knowledge + Jeep parts with other members. I have had allot of positive feedback also; so I don't know what side of the bed you woke up this morning? I'm just trying to bring camo Jeeps together because some people actually like camo on Jeeps!

Sometimes you have to spice things up... So with all that said I should probably contact NAXJA and ask them to create a Camo Jeep Forum so that YOU don’t have to read these CAMO XJ articles. Apparently you don’t hunt and you’re not into the armed forces because they used camo Jeeps at one point! With a screen name like SouthernXJ people would think you were Southern but that’s not the case after now. I know you ended up on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon Line. Have you ever considered moving again it might make you a happier person? That’s just a thought; I'm not trying to offend you!

CamoJEEP.com said:
I'm offended, you started trying to think and that’s where you went wrong. I'm sorry you don't like camo and I'm not really trying to sell anything yet. I have written about other topics asking for opinions on my web-site and my Camo XJ Project as I build it so people like yourself can say that you played a role in helping develop the sight I have worked so hard to build up! I have lots of topics to bring to the discussion board to help share my knowledge + Jeep parts with other members. I have had allot of positive feedback also; so I don't know what side of the bed you woke up this morning? I'm just trying to bring camo Jeeps together because some people actually like camo on Jeeps!

Sometimes you have to spice things up... So with all that said I should probably contact NAXJA and ask them to create a Camo Jeep Forum so that YOU don’t have to read these CAMO XJ articles. Apparently you don’t hunt and you’re not into the armed forces because they used camo Jeeps at one point! With a screen name like SouthernXJ people would think you were Southern but that’s not the case after now. I know you ended up on the wrong side of the Mason Dixon Line. Have you ever considered moving again it might make you a happier person? That’s just a thought; I'm not trying to offend you!

Not sure what you are doing but do a search on your name and Southernxj is almost right. All but one has to do with your site. You might not be selling but you are using these forums to promote!

BTW, you might want to become a member first if you want to ask NAXJA for anything, like a forum.

Check this link out HERE!

hinkley

Urban Redneck said:
What's the point of a camo XJ if you paint the roll cage a color like blaze orange, blue, etc?

Oh, wait...was that out loud?
Well most game animals are color blind only seeing in black and white. The Camo breaks up the vehicle and makes it blend in with the surroundings. You could paint it neon yellow and it wouldn't matter because you can only see through the front windshield because the rest of the windows are tinted out at 20% or less. Blaze orange goes with the whole hunting theme because it's used in the field to keep hunters from shooting each other and it would make the roll cage STAND OUT for the hunting shows I attend. Blue would be a good color because that's the original color of my XJ under the camo. I could even take it a step further by painting it and then camouflaging it with the same material that I camouflaged the outside with but it would cost more money which is something we're all a little to short on!

Mark Hinkley said:
Not sure what you are doing but do a search on your name and Southernxj is almost right. All but one has to do with your site. You might not be selling but you are using these forums to promote!

BTW, you might want to become a member first if you want to ask NAXJA for anything, like a forum.

Check this link out HERE!

hinkley
Almost is the key word, I will look into the memberships and I've written about more than just one topic though. You didn't read the whole articles did you? Aren’t these forums here to promote ideas and ingenuity?

Sorry if I made you mad too? I'm not trying to step on any ones toes!

CamoJEEP.com said:
Aren’t these forums here to promote ideas and ingenuity?

Sure, on these forums, not to commercial web sites. If you want to be a sponsor of NAXJA , pony up and they will help link to your site.

mark

Mark Hinkley said:
Sure, on these forums, not to commercial web sites. If you want to be a sponsor of NAXJA , pony up and they will help link to your site.

mark
CamoJeep.com is non-commercial and non-profit as well as the other websites I host! I will look into it though... Thanks for the suggestion.

CamoJEEP.com said:
CamoJeep.com is non-commercial and non-profit as well as the other websites I host! I will look into it though... Thanks for the suggestion.

What is this?

http://www.camojeep.com/_wsn/page2.html

Do you donate the funds from those to a charity, what makes it non profit?

?????

Why do you use the name "camojeep.com"? why the .com part???

mark

CamoJEEP.com said:

Also what does the bold part in the above quote mean?

mark

We've got you surrounded.....

you better hurry up and join......:D

camopic.JPG

What in THE heck are you talking about? I mention you sound like your someone trying to sell something and you say your not selling yet? Assume I don’t hunt, I’m not in the Armed Forces, I’m not in the South? Gimme a break.

“not trying to sell something yet”? I take it you sell Ultra Camo? How long till the sales pitches? Let’s face it, you may want to look like someone uniting cammo owners across the globe (like there is an overwhelming need for that) when infact your drumming up possible future customers.

Trying to bring all cammo Jeeps together but you had to take a poll to decide if you would let Libertys in your little club?

Cammo forum? I don’t particularly care about paintjobs. I don’t care if every post you have has cammo info in it, it is annoying however, to read a “hey come to my page” in every post. If your eventually going to be selling a product, quit beating around the bush and spit it out. If your gonna sell, sell. Let’s not make this into something more noble than it is.

CamoJEEP.com said:

Umm couple things... you're kind of new here and not even a member so as someone else already mentioned you might want to at least become a NAXJA Member before you even consider suggesting or requesting anything. Btw, how is a camo jeep different from a regular jeep except for the paint? Why would paint require a special forum? On that note actually I think we should have two additional forums :D: Red Jeep forum (very important forum actually as we know red jeeps have a rollover tendency and there should be a special support group for them), White Jeeps forum (there just seems to be a lot of them, plus maybe discuss topics how to care for that white paint).

Anyways, a very good question asked is why did you choose camojeeps.com for your user name? Each time you post you "advertise". I don't care if it's nonprofit or not, but it starts to kind of bug.... Look at Glenn's profile for example. He is informing people about a new forum for military and former military folks and he does it in a manner where people still see it but it doesn't bug.

I also ran the search on your posts and in pretty much all of them you tie in your site. The way you do so is very close to promoting/advertising which is against forum rules of conduct. You even go as far as ask and solicit for sponsors in one of them....

Lastly SouthernXJ made an observation/statement. Your reply could be constituted as a personal attack and those are DEFINATELY against rules of conduct.

my $0.02

CamoJEEP.com said:
Well most game animals are color blind only seeing in black and white. The Camo breaks up the vehicle and makes it blend in with the surroundings. You could paint it neon yellow and it wouldn't matter because you can only see through the front windshield because the rest of the windows are tinted out at 20% or less. Blaze orange goes with the whole hunting theme because it's used in the field to keep hunters from shooting each other and it would make the roll cage STAND OUT for the hunting shows I attend. Blue would be a good color because that's the original color of my XJ under the camo. I could even take it a step further by painting it and then camouflaging it with the same material that I camouflaged the outside with but it would cost more money which is something we're all a little to short on!

I understand the color blind thing, have been hunting since I was about 6. My point is that if you are going to camo the thing, then why make the cage stand out? :conversation in deer woods: Wha' in the hell is that thing around that big bush? :converstaion in deer woods: With a statement like you want the cage to stand out at hunting shows you attend, then you really sound like you are trying to sell something. Namely, roll cages or is it the camo on your site?

In other words, why not cammo the jeep and then throw a bunch of fake human heads all over it. Sure, the heads are orange and the deer dosent know that. The fact is, they still have the shape of human heads.

Oh, and didnt you notice on his website, you can buy his UltraCammo neon sign off ebay? He's even good enough to link the auction for you. Safe to say he's hocking the cammo.

Last edited:
Red Jeep forum (very important forum actually as we know red jeeps have a rollover tendency and there should be a special support group for them)
Don't forget to add that red one seems to atract body damgae more aswell so in that fourm we can talk about that issue aswell. But dude get rid of the ".com" and if youwant become a member if not expect to get flamed quite often when you say here look at my site. When i get my shop up and running althoughI don't plan on doing it full time i will suport NAXJA and may change my screen name as well since its old red will be replaced(you know because sooner or later it will roll :roflmao: )

Back