• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problems after Seafoam... Help?!

Well interesting stuff.

As states though, the Cat is going to be the hardest thing for me to look at, So IAC might be the first, and TPS... Eh I don't really think it would make it Not start.

thanks guys.

Up here in the rust belt (which CO is a part of) those aren't bolts anymore, they are misshapen blobs of rust which once had threads. I usually saw them in half, knock the stubs out (they're splined and pressed into the manifold) then throw some 1/4" or 3/8" bolts in instead.

I can't see the TPS not letting it start. I just replaced my buddies in his 01, and that thing was over the hood in water, and shows no symptons such as this, his was more start/stall. I know I had a no start issue on my 90 limited renix, the fuel pump relay was my culprit. How is your resistor on the drivers side inner fender? The CPS is also more likely a no start culprit, listening to your symptoms. always keep in mind 3 things to start an engine, fuel, fire and air, one of them is your missing link!

Also compression is needed...

This doesn't sound like an electrical issue UNLESS it's one of the sensors/actuators you worked on most recently. Sounds more like intake/exhaust/valves to me.

If you damaged the IAC and it's stuck all the way shut, it would exhibit this kind of symptom if you aren't trying to start it with your foot on the pedal. Try removing the IAC from the throttle body and unplugging it maybe? It'll start and idle really high (REALLY high) but it'll eliminate that from the equation without throwing money at it for a new IAC.

recheck the plug wires on the cap for the correct firing order and location. could have the correct order but one post off. could have already fouled or gas soaked the new plugs. take plugs out and put a lighter to the electrode to burn off fuel.

i doubt its an o2 issue as the renix will start with it disconnected.

Back