• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem with SC Kits(SC Rant)

The Whipple brings good and bad. The good is the performance and size. The bad is the price.

An M62 is too small to run without an intercooler. That is why the M90 is a better choice besides the price. There are more M90's around than any other SC.

When choosing the M90, you get a problem with real estate. The only way to solve that problem is to redesign the intake manifold. That is why Accurate Power was so expensive along with the mods for engine management.

You need to watch out for compression ratio as well. 7PSI boost without reducing the compression ratio is about the limit.

Sorry for the repeats and pontification. I have a prototype in the garage I have been playing with.

A couple of problems arise when trying to fit a single kit across all 4.0.
1. Power steering bracket changes
2. Injector rail changes
3. MAP moves
4. Throttle body's change
5. ECM change
6. ABS takes up real estate
7. MC Vac changes
8. The longest belt available is only 127" if you want to stick with a single belt to reduce cost.
9. There are a multiple of cases for the M90 and there are several series of M90's, some with bypass built in and some not.
10. Need a custom pulley for diameter and offset from tapered seated positon along axis
11. Hanging that much weight out that far from the head.
12. Change in throttle contol cable mounting and location. Don't forget about with and without CC.
13. Changes in intake port locations if you intend to use the non HO head.

Think I will stop with 13! There is more.

Back