• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power windows not working

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i have a 1998 cherokee sport 4-door. my drivers door window switches make all of the windows go up and down fine. but sometimes the passengers window switches on their doors wont make the window go up or down. sometimes they work and sometimes they dont. but the drivers door 4 switches always work.

the motors are fine because when the switches work the motors run fine.

what can i do to fix this?

auto lock out feature(locks out the other controls) on driver door is malfuntioning or getting stuck.

if you search, you should be able to find the fix for this common problem.

I have done this on multiple XJ's and it is an easy fix. Takes about 10 minutes and your done.

I've asked a few times in other threads but have never gotten a definitive answer... when you do this bypass mod, does it disable the window lock for just the passenger window, or all windows? Anyone know for sure?

My dog likes to surf the back seat armrest when she sticks her head out the window and she often rolls the window down with her paws. I'd like to keep her from falling out (or closing her head in the window.)

Back