• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window switch issue

Well I tried to post last night but it wouldnt let me... so anyway..
Guess with that post I am off the hook for the writeup, unless anyone wants a writeup of how to do it for an older XJ. My buddy got a 92 I can do a writeup on if wanted. Just throwing it out there. If anyone wants it done PM me since ill prolly stop checking this thread as it will most likely be dead soon

I am experiencing this anomoly on my '98. Operation of the right front window and all door locks is intermintent. Commands from either drivers console or passenger side fail to actuate the mechinism. (sometimes does, sometimes doesn't)
Profuse cursing also has a demonstrated failure to correct this problem.
I extracted the right side switch console unit and all connections are clean & servicable. Interesting to note that when the door lock is commanded from the drivers side, the right side "clicks" as if attempting to operate.
I will be extracting the drivers side switch console next for a closer inspection.
I called the dealership for unit replacement costs; drivers side=$200, passenger side was $108. (fronts). Will check E-Bay for lower cost replacement units first.

Back